Kentucky at Mississippi State Predictions/Updates

Kentucky vs. Mississippi State  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Kentucky
    • Mississippi State

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/28/2024 at 12:06 AM

The Cats (19-8) (9-5) travel to take on the Mississippi State Bulldogs (19-8) (8-6) on Tuesday night tip is at 7:00pm (thank goodness) on ESPN. The Bulldogs are currently the hottest team in the SEC winning their last 5 league games. They are coming off a 20 point will at LSU. The Cats had a very nice bounce back win over league leading Alabama by 22 at home. Mississippi State is playing some good basketball and play aggressive brand of ball. The Cats defeated the Bulldogs at Rupp on Jan. 17 by a score of 90-77. The Cats have a shot of winning their last 4 league games, but they should win at least 3 out of the 4, I guess we will see. Go Cats!!

• Thanks 1

The first 4 wins in State's current 5-game streak don't impres me because they were against the lower-tier SEC.  But they smacked around LSU on the road.  Their physicality could really be a problem for us, depending on what version of UK shows up.

• Like 1

On 2/24/2024 at 10:45 PM, 16thBBall Fan said:

The Cats have a shot of winning their last 4 league games, but they should win at least 3 out of the 4, I guess we will see. Go Cats!!

I need them to win 3 out of 4 to get to 12 conference wins to secure my season long SEC bet. This is a must win for me.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

I need them to win 3 out of 4 to get to 12 conference wins to secure my season long SEC bet. This is a must win for me.

I have 2 separate $50 bets for them to have under 12.5 conference wins.  This game and the finale at Tennessee are your biggest concerns, and also my 2 biggest needs lol.

Just now, brown4 said:

I have 2 separate $50 bets for them to have under 12.5 conference wins.  This game and the finale at Tennessee are your biggest concerns, and also my 2 biggest needs lol.

I need them to be Over 11.5 Conference Wins. So maybe we can both win haha!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

I need them to be Over 11.5 Conference Wins. So maybe we can both win haha!

I'd really prefer a loss in this game and then win out.  Beating Tennessee at Tennessee is just so satisfying.

4 minutes ago, brown4 said:

I'd really prefer a loss in this game and then win out.  Beating Tennessee at Tennessee is just so satisfying.

You just want me to sweat haha!

But yeah, closing out the regular season with a with at Tennessee would be great. But the masses will blow up again if they go in and lose at Miss St.

After that performance Saturday I'll be shocked if this isn't a slugfest. Both teams are coming off of impressive wins, I think it comes down to which team can put Saturday behind them and get refocused on this game the quickest. 

I'll take the Cats, because I always will, but I expect a tight, nausea inducing game.

• Like 2

I had a really good feeling about Saturday...Not so much about this one.  I really want to believe that UK has started to figure out their physicality/defensive issues, but they just aren't there.   But I think they are better.  I think they can score enough to pull this one off, but it won't be easy.  UK 80 MSU 75.

• Like 1

It took longer than usual but injuries and a deep roster of talent impacted that. At this point though, I think Cal knows who can do what and how the pieces can work together. Usually Cal would have his 7 or 8 man rotation in place. Not with this team. I don't think there is a 7 or 8 man rotation. As talented as the roster is, there are no proven complete players. I think Mitchell is there if healthy. Sheppard and Edwards are close. Everyone else's role from game to game depends on matchups and how they are performing in that particular game. I don't know if there has been any other UK team under Cal that has deep tournament potential that will rely more on how Cal makes it fit together on a game by game basis.

• Like 1

I don't know how much college bball players pay attention to these things but I really hope that the Cats feel disrespected tonight and come out with a major edge. +3.5 underdogs and only moving up one spot after beating Bama (not sure they should have moved up much more but I want them mad about it).

• Like 1

Guys, IF we are going to go very far in the tournament Big Z is going to have to be in the rotation, absolutely, somewhere in the 15-20 minute range, he plays just as good defense as poor AB does AND will give a TON more on the offensive end obviously