Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Open Job: Boone County

Featured Replies

  • Author
5 minutes ago, barrel said:

I don’t think Jtown is a great example. Yes they had success this past season in 4A. Look back at their record just over the past 10 years. They are not a school to use to prove your point. 
 

Other factors include Jtown is a magnet school I believe which does at least give them the possibility to bring in players. I do believe being in 4A is a factor and scheduling overall. 
 

I do believe the coaching staff at Jtown have done an amazing job and deserve a lot of credit/praise. 

Same on Jtown or Mayfield or Lloyd for that matter, none of them compare to what is going on in the area that Boone County draws from. 

  • Replies 142
  • Views 26.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Years ago, when Ryle High School first opened, and Boone Co. was a top 10 big school football program year in and year out, their late head football coach Owen Hauck told me that down the road, there

  • This is quite possibly the worst job in NKY. 

  • StraightShooter
    StraightShooter

    Coach Warner had a positive impact on many young men at Boone. Kudos for a job well done!

Posted Images

1 hour ago, barrel said:

I don’t think Jtown is a great example. Yes they had success this past season in 4A. Look back at their record just over the past 10 years. They are not a school to use to prove your point. 
 

Other factors include Jtown is a magnet school I believe which does at least give them the possibility to bring in players. I do believe being in 4A is a factor and scheduling overall. 
 

I do believe the coaching staff at Jtown have done an amazing job and deserve a lot of credit/praise. 

Jeffersontown HS is categorized as a "resides school" in JCPS, not a magnet. Resides schools are separated into 3 geographical networks within the school district and serve households based on their address.

I do believe they have academy programs within Jeffersontown HS, though. The academy program within JCPS is similar to, but different from their magnet program. The academy programs allow students to apply to attend different schools within their geographical network based on the academies they want to be a part of. So that still means there would be students from outside of the localized Jeffersontown vicinity who can request to attend high school there.

There are only 8 magnets in JCPS:

-Brown School
-Butler Traditional
-Central
-duPont Manual
-Grace James Academy
-Male Traditional
-W.E.B. DuBois Academy
-Youth Performing Arts School at duPont Manual

57 minutes ago, theguru said:

Same on Jtown or Mayfield or Lloyd for that matter, none of them compare to what is going on in the area that Boone County draws from. 

Thank you !!!!!!!!!!

2 hours ago, theguru said:

Same on Jtown or Mayfield or Lloyd for that matter, none of them compare to what is going on in the area that Boone County draws from. 

Guru, can you elaborate on what is going on in the Boone draw area and how the others you mention are different in significant ways?

14 minutes ago, En Fuego Hombre said:

Guru, can you elaborate on what is going on in the Boone draw area and how the others you mention are different in significant ways?

My guess: the developing demographic in Boone Co driving the high free lunch statistic at Boone Co High is traditionally keen to the other type of football. I did not read every statistic quoted in this thread but I’d guess Boone Co High has a fairly high ESL population. 

28 minutes ago, bigblue96 said:

My guess: the developing demographic in Boone Co driving the high free lunch statistic at Boone Co High is traditionally keen to the other type of football. I did not read every statistic quoted in this thread but I’d guess Boone Co High has a fairly high ESL population. 

19.7% Hispanic at Boone, compared to 14.7% at Jtown. not a huge disparity.

I don't who the next coach is going to be.

What I do know is Boone lost all players that attempted a pass, Lost 5 of top 6 rushers, Lost 4 of top 5 receivers, Lost both kickers, Lost 5 of top 6 on defense in tackles.

Whoever the next coach is will be fielding a team with players new to Friday night action.

I hate to be that guy. But what does any of this have to do with the down turn of participation and results in the football program and field??

I have been involved and around sports in NKY for 30 years. Financial demographic has never resulted in touchdowns, 3 pointers, homeruns or any other results in sports. Most counties have differing demographics of some sort. Unless there is a blatant have and have not situation between the 4 schools. How does it give one the advantage or disadvantage to getting participation?

4 hours ago, theguru said:

Same on Jtown or Mayfield or Lloyd for that matter, none of them compare to what is going on in the area that Boone County draws from. 

How not? How is there situation different than other schools with similar and even more students that have free and reduced lunch? What makes them so hopeless compared to those schools? The only ones that I have really seen act like or say it is a hopeless situation is probably people that have usually been on the other side of things growing up in successful programs, so when they see this they think it must be hopeless. I’m just trying to figure out why some truly seem to act like this is the worst situation in the state or something with some of the comments people have said. 
 

As I have stated numerous times, yes it definitely will have more challenges than other schools that don’t have as many low income students. However, it’s not as impossible as some keep trying to say. In fact making these excuses as I keep saying, is the last thing that these kids needs to hear and does not help them. 

17 minutes ago, BBHCEAGLE said:

I hate to be that guy. But what does any of this have to do with the down turn of participation and results in the football program and field??

I have been involved and around sports in NKY for 30 years. Financial demographic has never resulted in touchdowns, 3 pointers, homeruns or any other results in sports. Most counties have differing demographics of some sort. Unless there is a blatant have and have not situation between the 4 schools. How does it give one the advantage or disadvantage to getting participation?

This!

I hate Boone County ... and I always will. With that said ...I am disappointed that the one guy I thought would get it done is no longer there. Coach Warner brought some fun back ... and certainly made progress.

This school lunch stuff is bunk. All this type of talk does is implant excuses in kids heads. There is talent there. There are some great kids there. There first thing that needs to happen is quit giving kids and worst still .. Adults reasons to make excuses. 

Where do things go from here? Current staff member? There are good dudes there.

Where in the world is Dave Eckstein? Now that would be interesting!

Either way ... who is next? It may not be the best job in the world ... but I refuse to believe it is the worst.

When people see that a school has a large free and reduced lunch population I’m wondering what that means to them. I’m going to also guess no coach or teacher is saying anything to the students about the large free and reduced lunch numbers. The idea that is being placed in their (student/athlete) is almost assuredly false. 

 

That might be part of the disconnect in this matter is the perception of what large free and reduced lunch typically means within a school population. There is a reason that information is tracked with test scores and there is a performance gap. 

6 hours ago, gbballfan21 said:

I hate Boone County ... and I always will. With that said ...I am disappointed that the one guy I thought would get it done is no longer there. Coach Warner brought some fun back ... and certainly made progress.

This school lunch stuff is bunk. All this type of talk does is implant excuses in kids heads. There is talent there. There are some great kids there. There first thing that needs to happen is quit giving kids and worst still .. Adults reasons to make excuses. 

Where do things go from here? Current staff member? There are good dudes there.

Where in the world is Dave Eckstein? Now that would be interesting!

Either way ... who is next? It may not be the best job in the world ... but I refuse to believe it is the worst.

This!

No matter what many of you want to believe, zip code matters with respect to academic and athletic success. NKY does not have magnet schools like Louisville does. Quite often large numbers of free and reduced lunches are tied to those areas. I would love to see Boone rebound but it's going to be a tough task in the immediate future.

17 minutes ago, 9068 said:

No matter what many of you want to believe, zip code matters with respect to academic and athletic success. NKY does not have magnet schools like Louisville does. Quite often large numbers of free and reduced lunches are tied to those areas. I would love to see Boone rebound but it's going to be a tough task in the immediate future.

Zip code as you say definitely matters in regards to if a job may be more challenging to be successful than other jobs, that is true. Zip code does not mean it is impossible though. As schools with similar and even harder circumstances have found success in the classroom and playing field.
 

People are wrong if they don’t think the job is harder. People are also wrong though if they think it’s impossible. Which stating those reasons and allowing those students/players to use that as excuses to not be successful is the last thing they need to hear in those circumstances. 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.