Open Job: Boone County

Coach Bryson Warner announced today he was resigning as the head football coach at Boone County.

Who should be on the short list to replace Coach Warner?

And I hate to be like this, but is this end of the Boone County football program?

• Sad 2

Years ago, when Ryle High School first opened, and Boone Co. was a top 10 big school football program year in and year out, their late head football coach Owen Hauck told me that down the road, there would be another high school built in the county and Boone Co. High School would be more like an inner city school with a deeply declining football program.  Coach Hauck must have had a crystal ball.

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, StraightShooter said:

Coach Warner had a positive impact on many young men at Boone. Kudos for a job well done!

I agree, Coach Warner should be commended for his investment in the children of Boone County.

• Like 3

From Coach Warner on Facebook:

A brief summary of what we expressed today in a very difficult decision. 1st game back as a REBEL and last game as a REBEL 💙

Hello REBELS. 1ST I love every one of you! I'm here to let you know that I have come to the very difficult decision to step down as the Head Football Coach of the Boone County REBELS. This is strictly a decision based on family. We have always taught family first and now my time has come to put family first. When you have a shorter window of opportunity to spend with a 14 and 15 year old and an AMAZING wife, tough decisions have to be made and this one is a very, very tough decision. There are only positive things I can say about every moment I spent back as a REBEL! And with all of you REBELS! We certainly had our challenges but we looked forward to the responsibility of every challenge we met and we had some Forever Incredible Moments. I was hired by a tremendous leader in Tim Schlotman and I thank him for this opportunity! I continued to be a part of another tremendous leader in Stacey Black as Principal and Lance Melching as Athletic Director. These three were so awesome to be by their side. Tom Burns head trainer has been there 31 years. Another incredible leader. This program is in fantastic shape and there will be an outstanding coach that decides to take it on. Buy into your new coach quickly, build relationships with him strongly and work as hard as you possibly can. Most importantly, Continue to do What It Takes To Be A REBEL. That will lead you to a successful life as a husband, as a father and as a leader in this world. There are so many to thank! I would personally like to thank all of the coaches that joined us for these past five years and especially these three that have been with me from day one Lance Howard, Brandon Black and Matt Mullins- YOU GUYS ARE MY BROTHERS. We are forever REBELS Once a REBEL always a REBEL. And we will continue to be here for you guys as you continue to grow into adulthood and beyond high school. Thank you to all the REBELS who played for us! Thank you for the tremendous support from the administration, the parents the community, all of the former REBELS and all of the alumni. It has been an incredible experience that has been greatly beneficial to my family and I in many ways. It is deeply, deeply appreciated it. Many of the players these past 5 years have become like sons of ours And that has been truly a powerful experience. The program is in fantastic shape with facilities, equipment, financially and everything it takes to bring in a great coach. REBELS one more time thank you again for everything 💯‼️💙🏈🙏✅️

TRUST. RESPONSIBILITY. TOUGHNESS.

REBEL COUNTY ON 3! #HITORSIT

• Like 4

It was just a matter of time before this happened. Unfortunately, Boone will never be the same as it once was, and Bryson was the perfect man for the job in so many ways. 

As for the next head coach at Boone, Goodluck. A very tall task for anyone. 

Coach Warner, Goodluck on what’s next!

• Like 2

That’s a shame for the Young men from BC. I thought they were vastly improved year over year under Warners Leadership. They played hard and were a class act win or lose, and that says a heck of a lot.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, theguru said:

I also think Boone County should opt out of district competition for at least the next football cycle. 

Why? With Scott also looking for a coach, a chance to win a district game is right there for both of them. Getting that first district win in years could be something really big for a new coach to build off of going forward. Plus secondly if they opt out of district play, it would be very hard to find any games. Since there is this will be the second year in many teams schedules. Whoever that new coach is focus on getting players out, do well in non district and try to get that first district win. You do that and that’s a very good building block for a new coach, and better than opting out IMO. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, FREEAGENT said:

Years ago, when Ryle High School first opened,and Boone Co. was a top 10 big school football program year in and year out, their late head football coach Owen Hauck told me that down the road, there would be another high school built in the county and Boone Co. High School would be more like an inner city school with a deeply declining football program.  Coach Hauck must have had a crystal ball.

Nope. Coach Hauck was a smart man. I officiated a good number of games over the years for Boone when Owen was there. Really good teams. I still have a letter he sent me in the early 90s. I had a great deal of respect for that man.

• Like 1

From Boone County High School on Facebook:

The administration would like to thank coach Bryson Warner for the five seasons he spent leading the football program at Boone County High School.

Coach Warner's tenure was the most successful in recent history. The Rebel's 13 wins more than doubled the program's total over the prior seven seasons. He was named Cincinnati Bengals Week 2 Coach of the Week in 2022. Eighteen of his players have gone on to play college football, with another group expected to make the jump this season. 

We want to express our gratitude for the hard work and leadership that Coach Warner and his staff brought to the team. His impact reaches far beyond the wins and losses, shaping the character of our players by serving as a mentor to each player. He frequently opened his home for team building events, personally cooking meals for the players and their parents, and creating senior leadership activities to promote opportunities for players to grow beyond the football field.

Coach Warner and his staff were tireless fundraisers, raising money to purchase new uniforms, a new sled, and other equipment. They also led the program through the pandemic period and the installation of a turf field. Additionally, he was a  great supporter of the school beyond the football program, frequently attending school events and sponsoring other fundraising efforts on campus.

Throughout Warner’s tenure, his unwavering commitment to the players, dedication to excellence, and passion for the sport have left an indelible mark on our team. 

Coach Bryson Warner, thank you.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MaddenCurse44 said:

A great job to have they a good feeder program. Hope they find a good coach.

That is part of the problem, there is no longer  a quality feeder program.