Mayfield vs. Owensboro Catholic Predictions/Updates (2A State Championship)

DevilMayCare

Cards vs. Aces  

127 members have voted

1. 1. The Class 2A State Champion Will Be...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/01/2023 at 09:00 PM

I’m not tryna gas Beechwood fans up but I just think Hayden is the best qb we’re going to see. I loved his poise, I loved his pocket presence, he was a leader, I loved his foot work. He could point the ball on a string with no problem. I didn’t really see that with the oc/somerset game.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

OC had some struggles with a 1-10 North Hardin team. If North Hardin didn’t continue to commit bad penslties, throw int’s and fumble the ball away, it would’ve been a close game. I don’t see LCA or Beechwood having those issues with a 1-10 team. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, snakesnot_2000 said:

You know Cartwright is a good quarterback in his own right. I can’t name his stats but by the ole eye ball test, I’d say he is a very good and solid quarterback. 

The most important stat isn’t the 2000 plus yards or the number of td’s. It’s only 2 int’s. 

40 minutes ago, still 55 said:

OC had some struggles with a 1-10 North Hardin team. If North Hardin didn’t continue to commit bad penslties, throw int’s and fumble the ball away, it would’ve been a close game. I don’t see LCA or Beechwood having those issues with a 1-10 team. 

I will say North Hardin was not really a 1-10 team. They had to forfeit a ton of games because of an ineligible player.

2 hours ago, wkyfootballfan said:

I don't think its Mayfield purposely intimidating anyone.  I think its the opponents (95%) of the time seeing those helmets and that mentality and they already know they are in for a long night.  Its history that intimidates everyone. 

Mayfield now playing in their 26th state championship game in the past 48 years. They make it to the title game more than they don’t.

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, Tracy House said:

As far as I am concerned,both teams are 0-0, With no prior records of playing with each other and no stats to compare for this year, it’s about what happens on Kroger field this Friday. I am rolling with Mayfield.

You’re right but we have to have some kind of foundation to base the matchup off of.

• Like 2

As far as I am concerned,both teams are 0-0, With no prior records of playing with each other and no stats to compare for this year, it’s about what happens on Kroger field this Friday. I am rolling with Mayfield.All am saying is all time OC vs Mayfield since 1919 does not matter, Mayfield went to Paducah this year with a 17 year winning record and….it does not matter.

• Like 2

This is a tough game for me to pick because I like both teams.  I thought LCA would finally take down Mayfield even on the road and was dead wrong.  Didn't make the same mistake last week vs a very good Beechwood team.  I'm not changing now, but mostly because I feel Mayfield is more prepared for this game than OCath is.  

Mayfield defeated Murray, LCA and Beechwood.

OCath defeated Crittenden County, Green County and Somerset.  That's a big difference to me.  Not OCath's fault just the way it played out.

The weather is trending more positive for this game, which I'm happy to see.

Good luck and no injuries!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Astro Domino said:

I will say North Hardin was not really a 1-10 team. They had to forfeit a ton of games because of an ineligible player.

They only forfeited 4. So at best a 5-6 team. When the Cards played a team of that caliber, it was a running clock. Check out McCracken Co, who made it to the third round. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tracy House said:

As far as I am concerned,both teams are 0-0, With no prior records of playing with each other and no stats to compare for this year, it’s about what happens on Kroger field this Friday. I am rolling with Mayfield.All am saying is all time OC vs Mayfield since 1919 does not matter, Mayfield went to Paducah this year with a 17 year winning record and….it does not matter.

It does matter mentally. When one team has such a record stacked against them. They A feel there is something about that team that they just can’t overcome (just like when our Cards are playing Danville, in most peoples minds here they are fighting an up hill battle already. Or B, they press extra hard because they want to show everyone that it doesn’t matter, which causes mistakes. Football is a game of emotions as much as force. 

Another thing to look at in comparisons, if you choose to, is Mayfield beating LCA. LCA beat BG. Look what BG did with Owensboro versus what OC did with Owensboro. 

I also look at the scrimmage Mayfield had with Owensboro. The Cards matched Owensboro in every way. They did so without 4 starters. That being their best O lineman, 2 D ends and JuJu Starks. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, still 55 said:

Another thing to look at in comparisons, if you choose to, is Mayfield beating LCA. LCA beat BG. Look what BG did with Owensboro versus what OC did with Owensboro. 

I also look at the scrimmage Mayfield had with Owensboro. The Cards matched Owensboro in every way. They did so without 4 starters. That being their best O lineman, 2 D ends and JuJu Starks. 

You're reaching here, dude. You can't compare scores like that, in most cases. By your logic, the Miami Dolphins would beat the Chiefs by 65, since they beat the Broncos by 50, who beat the Chiefs by 15. Just stop. This should be a great game, and I just pray for no injuries on either side. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1