Ryle at Bryan Station Predictions/Updates

DevilMayCare

Raiders vs. Defenders  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Pick a side...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/18/2023 at 12:00 AM

85pv2t.thumb.jpg.320ad7f5dfce11fb6f009f852c79de13.jpg

"Air Raid"-ers Meet Balanced Defenders For Semifinal Berth

Records: Ryle (8-4) | Station (9-3)

BGP 6A Rankings: Ryle (#10) | Station (#6)

Round 2 Results: Ryle beat Bullitt East | Station beat Tates Creek 

Series History: Ryle leads 3-1 all-time 

Teaser Preview: We'll crown a new 'big school' champion after Ryle knocked off Bullitt East in the second round. Logan Verax went over 3,000 yards for the year to build on what's already one of the great quarterbacking seasons in program history. 

Ryle has leaned into the passing game this year, making for a compelling subplot this week against a Station secondary - led by JT Haskins Jr's six interceptions - that's been locking people down lately.

Conversely, the Defenders have struck a nice balance between the run and pass. Trenton Cutright has thrown and run for 2,400 yards and 28 touchdowns, while Kaden Washington is approaching a thousand yards rushing. 

Both sides have been well prepared for these latter stages of the season. Rigorous scheduling has included the likes of Trinity, St. X, Douglass, Bowling Green, Highlands, CovCath, and CAL. 

The winner here earns a spot in the semifinals. It would be Station's second straight and Ryle's first since 2010.

• Thanks 1

I have reached out to the Bryan Athletic Director and waiting to hear back.  We would love to travel to Bryan Station to bring this game to our fans in the (859) on 859SportsRadio.com!  They would have to allow us to do streaming video as well, we will see.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 859Radio said:

I have reached out to the Bryan Athletic Director and waiting to hear back.  We would love to travel to Bryan Station to bring this game to our fans in the (859) on 859SportsRadio.com!  They would have to allow us to do streaming video as well, we will see.

Looks like Glicod is going to cover it and with that in mind I am not sure I would do it if I were you.

https://www.glicod.com/video-stream-2/

• Like 1

On 11/13/2023 at 5:17 PM, StraightShooter said:

Seems like some NKY poll bias. Station is the favorite based on rankings all year long, but the Raiders are capable of pulling the upset. Safe travels and Go Raiders!

Probably.  I voted for Station.  As most of you know I live in Ryle's school district so I naturally have a soft spot for Ryle but give me Bryan Station at home in this one.

• Like 1

I am very biased toward Ryle as my nephew graduated from Ryle last year and my Neice is a senior this year. I know Station has been ranked higher all year but Ryle has really turned a corner and has been playing inspired ball. The offense is scoring at a higher pace than any Ryle offense I can remember in the past. I am hoping for Ryle to get the job done and move on to the Semifinals!!!!!

• Like 2

Two teams that have made steady progress throughout the season. Early in the year there were "same old Station" threads on here and midseason there were threads about Ryle needing a new coach. Both teams have weathered their respective storms (even if it wasn't really that stormy) and are four quarters from a Thanksgiving practice. This could be one of the best games of the weekend, but I think Bryan Station has the slight advantage in a couple areas, plus playing at home. Give me the Defenders but its close.

• Like 4