Fairdale at Bowling Green Predictions/Updates

Purple88

Who Wins This Game?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this game?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/17/2023 at 11:00 PM

Fairdale (7-5) at Bowling Green (9-3)

The Bulldogs will roll down I-65 to face Bowling Green in the Regional Final Round of the 5A Playoffs.  This will be the first ever meeting between these teams.  It’s an interesting matchup on paper because most (including myself) don’t know very much about the Bulldogs.  Let’s change that.

Fairdale Information

The Bulldogs have beaten Elizabethtown, Frankfort, Iroquois, Butler, Doss, North Bullitt and Grayson County while falling to Fern Creek, Eastern, Spencer County, Collins and Atherton.  They have 48 kids on the roster including 9 Freshmen.  According to the KHSAA page, 21 players have played in at least 5 games.  Seems thin to me. 

Fairdale runs the ball roughly 3 times to every pass. And has just north of 2,200 yards on the season vs just north of 700 passing yards on the year.  Fairdale’s top QB is SR Jerrel Mason who has played in 8 games on the year going 40 for 77 for 604 yards 4 TDs vs 7 INTs.  The Bulldogs boast 2 JR RBs with over 100 carries each on the season including Xavier Burkes with over 900 yards on the season and 11 TDs and his running mate Leedrick Washington with over 750 yards and 11 TDs.  The leading Bulldog WR is JR Malik Battle with 20 catches for 273 yards and 2 TDs. 

The Bulldogs are led by Head Coach Louis Dover in his 8th season leading the charge in southwest Jefferson County.  Defensively, Fairdale is led by SR DT Maki Duncan with an impressive 72 tackles including 7 tackles for loss and 1 sack.  That’s a lot for a DT.  Also, JR DB Kwame Anderson has an impressive 6 INTs on the year including 1 pick 6. 

The Bulldogs lost in the Regional Final last season 36-0 at Owensboro.

Bowling Green Information

The Purples come into this Regional Final having exercised some 2014 demons of a tough loss 9 years ago to the Graves County Eagles.  The Purples scored on their first 6 possessions and never looked back in a complete 51-3 win over Graves County.  BG had 315 yards offense vs 72 for Graves County.  7 Purples plus the kicker scored.  IMO, this was the most complete game BG has played all year and they appear to be peaking at the right time.

But it’s survive and advance now and the Bulldogs are on deck.

Game Information

The game will be played at Bowling Green High School Stadium and will be streamed here:

- Sporting Times (stfanclub.com)

The Purples have a clear strength of schedule advantage in the leadup to the game, but that doesn’t score TDs.  I know Fairdale will be pretty amped up and ready to go.  BG will need to match that intensity in order to come out victorious in this matchup.

Who wins this game and why?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Great write up Purple88

Purple Train is picking up steam.

Win this game and Black Friday home game will be just what Purple Nation wants and needs. 

it’s late in playoffs so don’t get too cocky and overlook opponent but I’ll take Purples over Fairdale with running clock.

Purples 55

Faidale 13

• Like 1

This Fairdale team has struggled this year and seems to finally be buying in to what the staff is trying to teach. Unfortunately, I don’t believe it’s enough at this point. This BG team appears to be firing on all cylinders outside of the late loss to St X. BG rolls in this one! 

BG - 42 

Fairdale- 14

• Like 1

Well BG looks to have its business face on now that it's playoff time. They looked excellent against Graves County. I guess it was a complete mismatch, but still BG played well. 

It's the playoffs so anything can happen, just ask South Warren.  I believe BG should win comfortably as long as they remain focused. 

2 minutes ago, Devils Fan said:

Idk what thread to ask this on. So I’m going to ask it here. If Southwestern beats Cooper. Will O and BG still meet in the semi’s? Assuming O and BG win this Friday.

If Southwestern beats Cooper (and Highlands, Bowling Green, and Owensboro all win), Owensboro would go to Highlands and Southwestern would go to Bowling Green. A Cooper win (and the other three favorites also winning) would send Cooper to Highlands and Owensboro to Bowling Green.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, gchs_uk9 said:

If Southwestern beats Cooper (and Highlands, Bowling Green, and Owensboro all win), Owensboro would go to Highlands and Southwestern would go to Bowling Green. A Cooper win (and the other three favorites also winning) would send Cooper to Highlands and Owensboro to Bowling Green.

I mean when it comes to BG Cooper and Highlands you’re getting the same poison. Dangerous QBs and offenses that can light you up on the ground and air. No easy path past the regionals. As a Red Devil fan nothing would make me happier to avenge the 2015 state finals loss to Highlands on their field and then return the same favor to BG for our finals loss against them in 2020 in the same year. I know it’s wishful thinking but fan can dream right?

• Like 1