Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Graves County at Bowling Green Predictions/Updates

Who Wins This Game? 50 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins this game?

    • Bowling Green
      86%
      43
    • Graves County
      14%
      7

This poll is closed to new votes

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Graves County (8-3) at Bowling Green (8-3)

Is it 2014 all over again?

Graves County will travel about 2.5 hours east to take on Bowling Green for the 5th time.

Bowling Green leads the series 3-1, but it's that 1 that has me shaking my head to this day.  Bowling Green came into that 2014 Regional Final home game rolling having only lost a heartbreaker to McCallie, TN 21-20.  Graves County lost 3 of their first 4 that season to good teams and seemed to turn it around when they beat a good McCracken County team and won out to this game.  The great Cody Crowder, who I still say was a better LB than a RB played a whale of a game in this one and a second quarter Crowder TD would be all the Eagles would need to stun the Purples who were the 3 time back to back to back champions at the time.  The other 3 meetings were also in the playoffs.  

Graves County Information

The Eagles have beaten the teams they are supposed to beat and lost to the teams I think you'd expect them to lose to (Tilghman, Mayfield and Owensboro).  But they are a solid ballclub.  QB Caden Gregory (they always have a Gregory on the roster don't they) has played well this year throwing for nearly 1650 yards and 20 TDs vs 10 INTs with his man target the very undervalued Lincoln Acree who has over 60 receptions nearly 1,000 yards and 10 TDs.  The Eagles also have balance and have 2 rushers who have over 600 yards a piece in Cole Katzman and Dennis Marrs.  LB Kace Tubbs leads the Eagles in tackles with an impressive 

Bowling Green Information

The Purples had no problems disposing of Apollo 48-6 with the BG D giving the offense good field position.  BG was also getting yards on special teams with Ethan Warder running a punt back for a TD.  BG had a running clock in the 2nd quarter and scored all their points in the first half.  Primarily all second string guys in for the second half.  And on to the Eagles.  

Game Information

This game will be played at Bowling Green High School Stadium and turf field.    This game feels a lot like that 2014 game.  Bowling Green is the clear favorite, but they need to come out strong and prove they are the better team early in this one.  The longer Graves hangs around the more dangerous they become.  I don't see Cody Crider walkin through that door and this BG offense is A LOT different than the 2014 offense.  I look for BG to roll in this game, but the early part of the game is important to set the tone for the Purples.

 

  • Replies 63
  • Views 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • gcbleedblue
    gcbleedblue

    I’m biased but I feel we can win. Just a funny feeling. Maybe we can finally crack that top 10 poll if we do. Haha! 

  • I do feel like Graves should have been in the top 10. 

  • Killowatt59
    Killowatt59

    He may be in for a rude awakening Friday night with his thought process. 

Nice preview but the RB/LB’s name from 2014 is Cody Crider. He went on to play 5 years at SIU where he had a great career playing LB for them.   

Crider was a great player. A man among boys.

This will be be a very tough test for Graves County and your right they have won the games they were suppose too and lost the games they were supposed too.

 

 

Graves much better than where they started.  Close for a half but BG spring it open in 3rd.  42-14.

I’m biased but I feel we can win. Just a funny feeling. Maybe we can finally crack that top 10 poll if we do. Haha! 

BG’s offense is not playing its best right now.

The OL has major problems. Graves County is big up front on both sides. Reminded me a little of South Warren.

But there are major holes in the Graves County defense. If BG OL can give Deuce a little time he will pick them apart and the receivers will run all over them.

BG’s defense has been improving so I don’t see Graves putting up a ton a points.

I think BG pulls away with a 35-14 win.

also I watched the Graves/Geenwood game.

The Graves QB would slide every time he ran with the ball even sacrificing gaining more yards vs taking a hit.  I also saw the receivers do the same thing some times.

Do they always do that?  They left a bunch of extra yards on the field.

 

Way too much team speed for the Purples. 
 

BG 45 GC 20

1 hour ago, gcbleedblue said:

I’m biased but I feel we can win. Just a funny feeling. Maybe we can finally crack that top 10 poll if we do. Haha! 

I do feel like Graves should have been in the top 10. 

The Graves D will cause BG some problems. Greenwood couldn't budge them running the ball or passing it. The Eadles were in there backfield all night long. I realize the Purples have more speed and playmakers then the Dragons, but, they'll still be challenged against that stingy D. I also think the Eagles are good enough to sustain some drives. They're playing there best football of the year right now and there confidence is high. I'm predicting BG comes out on top in the end, but, in a lot closer game than most think. BG 28 GC 21

5 hours ago, Killowatt59 said:

also I watched the Graves/Geenwood game.

The Graves QB would slide every time he ran with the ball even sacrificing gaining more yards vs taking a hit.  I also saw the receivers do the same thing some times.

Do they always do that?  They left a bunch of extra yards on the field.

 

QB got hit hard early in the game. After being checked out at half time it was determined he was concussed. He hasn’t slid all year and usually entire sideline is screaming for him to slide. I think he took a shot and knew he was hurting and was timid. 
 

I don’t recall the receivers sliding but if they did I don’t think that’s usual because I have not noticed that all year.

I also don’t know who will and won’t be playing Friday for our guys. We could be walking into the game missing some key players. 

6 hours ago, Killowatt59 said:

BG’s offense is not playing its best right now.

The OL has major problems. Graves County is big up front on both sides. Reminded me a little of South Warren.

But there are major holes in the Graves County defense. If BG OL can give Deuce a little time he will pick them apart and the receivers will run all over them.

BG’s defense has been improving so I don’t see Graves putting up a ton a points.

I think BG pulls away with a 35-14 win.

Where are the major holes you see that none of the other teams are finding? 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.