Why Lymon & Queen chose MTSU!

Chelsia Lymon, a Scott County graduate and current freshman at 20th ranked Middle Tennessee, and Emily Queen, a Rose Hill senior and Middle Tennessee signee, have each stated that MTSU Coach Rick Insell was instrumental in their decision to attend MTSU. The following is a link to today's USA Today article on Coach Insell...good reading for any fan of women's basketball. Enjoy.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/womensbasketball/2007-01-16-insell-mtsu-cover_x.htm

Please...I'm only trying to serve the interests of the general fan base :rolleyes:...aaaand if by chance fans and friends of a certain 6'2" junior forward/center at Warren East...aaaand...like supporters of a certain 5'11" junior guard at Lexington Catholic just happen to read the article.....well, maybe, just maybe, they might be inclined to encourage those two fine young players to keep MTSU in mind.:thumb:

Please...I'm only trying to serve the interests of the general fan base :rolleyes:...aaaand if by chance fans and friends of a certain 6'2" junior forward/center at Warren East...aaaand...like supporters of a certain 5'11" junior guard at Lexington Catholic just happen to read the article.....well, maybe, just maybe, they might be inclined to encourage those two fine young players to keep MTSU in mind.:thumb:

Heres a prediction that I made years ago concerning mens basketball and it may come true with womens as well. IMO there are a 2 things that has made the playing field so even (parity might be a right word to use here...) and has helped small schools, I am omitting coaches for right now b/c I believe everyone knows that is one of major ingredients along with the recruiting staff for any good program, but anyways on to the story. The question was posed to me 12-13 years ago about why the powerhouses are no longer the givens come tournament time and so forth, well, IMO here are 2 big reasons why in Mens there have been too many underclassman leave and turn pro thus every 2 years a Major powerhouse is in the rebuilding process and also there are so many good players now a days that they just dont want to go to a big school and sit the bench for 2 years before they get playing time, they are going to a smaller school so they can play and make an immediate impact, its not so much of being the big fish in a small pond as it is wanting to compete and to play right away. I believe that Womens basketball is headed in that direction, that these kids are hungry to play as freshmen so now there are many schools that are becoming good quality programs. Emily Queen made the right decision, she will be an impact player, while IMO she could play at a larger school but she probably would not get the opportunity to show her talent until her junior year...just my opinion. It really doesnt matter what size the school is anymore, with the right player anything could happen, (Mens 78-79 Season Indiana State...Larry Bird) in recent years Coach Mark Few has built a strong program with Gonzanga. BTW, Himmelfarb, I appreciated the article, once again you have proven yourself to be more than ever so generous to the blind eyes of this local community. With that I say thanks.

Chelsia Lymon, a Scott County graduate and current freshman at 20th ranked Middle Tennessee, and Emily Queen, a Rose Hill senior and Middle Tennessee signee, have each stated that MTSU Coach Rick Insell was instrumental in their decision to attend MTSU. The following is a link to today's USA Today article on Coach Insell...good reading for any fan of women's basketball. Enjoy.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/womensbasketball/2007-01-16-insell-mtsu-cover_x.htm

I enjoyed the article and the good press MTSU received from it.

I think alot of people would be surprised by their strength of schedule(14th in the country).

Here's hoping Emily becomes a major factor in their program.:thumb:

I'm sure that I can't even come close to appreciating the overwhelming pressure that these highly recruited athletes must endure. It's difficult enough for most kids to pick a college and what subject to study. These young athletes have to consider these choices as well as the "How much playing time will I get and when?" questions.

Whether an athlete chooses a top ranked school, growing program, big school or a smaller school, we all should step up with support and encouragment.

Remember these are still just kids. Albeit, kids with a highly sought after gift.

I'm sure that I can't even come close to appreciating the overwhelming pressure that these highly recruited athletes must endure. It's difficult enough for most kids to pick a college and what subject to study. These young athletes have to consider these choices as well as the "How much playing time will I get and when?" questions.

Whether an athlete chooses a top ranked school, growing program, big school or a smaller school, we all should step up with support and encouragment.

Remember these are still just kids. Albeit, kids with a highly sought after gift.

Nicely done. I appreciate the sentiment.:thumb: