Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Raceland at Pikeville Predictions/Updates

Who wins? 42 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

Poll closed on 09/08/2023 at 11:00 PM

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

If you are a Class 1A fan, there is no build up necessary for this matchup of the top two teams in the class. They last met in the State Championship game last season where Pikeville won in convincing fashion. 
 

This season, Pikeville is once again the favorite and these two teams will likely meet twice:  this early matchup and a collision course for a late playoff meeting. 
 

Historically, the home team holds an advantage between these two teams and commonly, who ever wins the first matchup of the season ends up losing in a second matchup.
 

Who wins round 1 of 2023? 

  • Replies 40
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

I will take Pikeville but a Raceland win makes things a lot more interesting so I will be rooting for Raceland.

Great matchup in 1A. I'll take Pikeville but I won't be surprised if Raceland gets the win.

I voted Pikeville as I feel they will be a bit to physical for the Rams. 
 

I wouldn’t be shocked by a Raceland win, but I do feel like if both teams play well Pikeville probably wins by 2 scores. 
 

Good luck to both teams.

This game will kinda low scoring. I think the first to score 21 wins the game. 

Is the game at Pikeville or Raceland?

After the Johnson Central game I thought no team in 1A stood a chance to keep it respectable.

Now that Johnson Central has since lost again in convincing fashion to Belfry and Pikeville has taken one on the chin to LCA, I think this is a proving ground whether the Panthers are vulnerable or whether the gap is still too wide.

Pikeville 47

Raceland 13

2 hours ago, ATLCat said:

After the Johnson Central game I thought no team in 1A stood a chance to keep it respectable.

Now that Johnson Central has since lost again in convincing fashion to Belfry and Pikeville has taken one on the chin to LCA, I think this is a proving ground whether the Panthers are vulnerable or whether the gap is still too wide.

My gut says the gap is too wide but this game definitely has me intrigued now. 

5 hours ago, ATLCat said:

After the Johnson Central game I thought no team in 1A stood a chance to keep it respectable.

Now that Johnson Central has since lost again in convincing fashion to Belfry and Pikeville has taken one on the chin to LCA, I think this is a proving ground whether the Panthers are vulnerable or whether the gap is still too wide.

This game will single handedly dictate our collective interest in 1A the rest of the year. Pikeville rolls, and the "mail'em the trophy" talk gets underway and we yawn all the way to December. Raceland rolls, and it's a fresh face in the driver's seat. Close game, we can look forward to the rematch.

1A football needs Raceland to win or at least make a game of this. 

On 9/5/2023 at 2:38 PM, theguru said:

I will take Pikeville but a Raceland win makes things a lot more interesting so I will be rooting for Raceland.

Head says Pikeville but heart really wants Raceland to win. 

The winner tonight, doesn’t win the rematch if they play again.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.