Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Covington Catholic at Simon Kenton Predictions/Updates

Who do you think will win this game? 101 members have voted

  1. 1. Who do you think will win?

    • CovCath
      93%
      94
    • Pioneers
      6%
      7

This poll is closed to new votes

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

  • Author
1 hour ago, Runcible Owl said:

Here is the link to access any school submitted roster for all sports from every school ~ ? https://khsaa.org/private/master-scoreboard/ 

For Simon Kenton's, click on the MENU hamburger at the upper right.

Screenshot_20230829-205135__01.jpg

From the drop down menu, select MEDIA/REPORTS/STATS/PUBS.

Screenshot_20230829-205155__01.jpg

Select "Print Current Rosters."

Screenshot_20230829-205245__01.jpg

For each field, select team, level, and sport.

A sample page (1 of 4) of SK's roster is shown below. You have the option to print or download the PDF.

Rosters are sorted alphabetically and by jersey number. ?

Screenshot_20230829-205815__01.jpg

Thank you.

  • Replies 113
  • Views 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • 16thBBall Fan
    16thBBall Fan

    Really! I can easily think of 3 games this coming weekend that I would put at game of the week before this one. In no particular order: St. X vs. Male Pikevile vs. LCA Johnson Cent. vs.

  • Sometimes you gotta lean toward your head not gut.  I can't remember how many years in a row I'd see the Bengals schedule and say 10-6 and they'd win two games ?

  • Let's just say the 80's and 90"s weren't kind for SK.  We were he the homecoming queen each week.

Posted Images

This will be a nice test on the road against a good SK team. The Colonels have a lot of talent this year. Obviously Willie is a beast but Miller is also a very, very solid receiver who will continue to shine this year. Pitzer can drop dimes yet also has scrambling ability when plays break down. I have been very impressed with how he can create when it looks like there is nothing there. Shows a ton of toughness and poise as a leader. Owen is a very nice running back.

With that being said, I think the Colonels take this one by 10 at least. They’ve had a couple of nice early tests and I think they will continue to excel.

There’s also a point to be made regarding how top-heavy the schedule is. I believe Highlands was the toughest game on the schedule with Beechwood being a not too-distant second. I’m getting ahead of myself here but if we can get past the Tigers in a couple of weeks we should be undefeated heading into the playoffs. Moreover, I know the popular opinion on here (for some at least) is that 4A belongs to Boyle/Corbin. I can see the Colonels taking down Corbin if that matchup arises. Toppling Boyle, on the other hand, is a different story —  quite the dynasty they have going on at the moment. 

Go Colonels!!!!!
 

 

On 8/28/2023 at 2:43 PM, TheConch said:

The other 3, quite possibly. 

In @MaddenCurse44’s case, I think the poll could be SK vs. the 2008 Florida Gators and he’d still go Pioneers. 

Like I said, I respect it! 

2008 was a great year for me for obvious reasons! Lol

  • Author
23 hours ago, KYFootballFanz said:

SK escaped Dixie. No chance they win in a slugfest. Your QB play isn’t where it needs to be. Your DBs give up to many yards. I watched WRs from Dixie just blow by your defense. If Dixie was doing it just imagine what Cov Cath is going to do. Just my opinion. 

Dixie had less than 200 yards passing SK also got an interception on them.

Dixie had less than 200 yards passing bc multiple balls were just barely overthrown. Dixie's WRs gashed SK's DBs all night.

2 hours ago, MaddenCurse44 said:

Dixie had less than 200 yards passing SK also got an interception on them.

Simon Kenton had 5 turnovers against Dixie. If they do that against Cov Cath, then Cov Cath will eat them alive.

And @Breds82 is right. I went back and watched the Simon Kenton/Dixie game on Facebook and I think Dixie's passing was the issue more than it was the receiving. Armani Gregg was 13 of 25 passing for 185 yards and 1 TD. That's 14+ yards per completed pass. And there were multiple open receivers on most passing plays...some absolutely wide open. The ball just didnt get to them.

Cov Cath's QB Pitzer is a stronger passer than Gregg is. Pitzer has a stronger arm, and is more accurate...and his accuracy has actually improved even moreso from last year to this year.

To compare, last year Gregg was 102 of 158 (64.5%) passing for 915 yards and 8 TDs in 11 games played. And from observation, Dixie's passing game last year was probably 65% or more screen passing. Last year Pitzer was 79 of 122 (64.7%) passing for 1082 yards and 10 TDs in 8 games played. Cov Cath passed with Pitzer more times in and gained more yards per reception in fewer games than Dixie did with Gregg. And Cov Cath isn't letting up on that this year.

Simon Kenton isn't winning on Friday, regardless of how anyone attempts to spin things.

I’ll say this, @MaddenCurse44 is going to be serving a big hot bowl of “I told you so” soup come Friday night/Saturday morning if SK wins. 

But, add me to the reservation list, because it is not going to happen. 

Colonels win handily. 
 

 

  • Author
Just now, TheConch said:

I’ll say this, @MaddenCurse44 is going to be serving a big hot bowl of “I told you so” soup come Friday night/Saturday morning if SK wins. 

But, add me to the reservation list, because it is not going to happen. 

Colonels win handily. 
 

 

I am sitting here waiting for it.

15 minutes ago, MaddenCurse44 said:

I am sitting here waiting for it.

I can imagine and I will be the first one to publicly apologize and bend the knee!

10 hours ago, MaddenCurse44 said:

Dixie had less than 200 yards passing SK also got an interception on them.

Dixie didn’t throw a pick in the game. 

Appreciate the shout out CWB and I’m not truly down playing SKs abilities. Granted if they only have two turnovers instead of 5, they probably do win more easily, and they did run at will when they held onto the ball, but they were beat consistently way down field on deep passes, that’s what makes me think the Colonels will win easily. One way to look at it for the SK faithful is that Highlands had serious size up front and had very good ground success against CC. I believe it comes down to SKs passing defense and running game. Good luck to both teams.

Big week of practice for the coaches and team leaders. We can’t think we have arrived and SK will just roll over because we step on the field and we beat Highlands last week. 

SK definitely would have won last year had the scrimmage counted and I’m sure has a big OL led by Selm and some good athletes. 

Anyway I think Cov Cath wins, but we can’t come out flat and let them hang around. 

37 minutes ago, CCHFC said:

Big week of practice for the coaches and team leaders. We can’t think we have arrived and SK will just roll over because we step on the field and we beat Highlands last week. 

SK definitely would have won last year had the scrimmage counted and I’m sure has a big OL led by Selm and some good athletes. 

Anyway I think Cov Cath wins, but we can’t come out flat and let them hang around. 

Good call CCHFC!  Agree on all accounts.  SK's O and D lines are no joke! If the Colonels come out flat or not focused, CCH could be on the wrong side of the scoreboard.  I suspect this has the potential to be a high scoring affair.   I think conditioning in the end will wear them down.   Thinking CCH by 2 TD's

Didn't SK lose their starting QB last week?  Who is the QB slated to go against the Colonels?

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.