Does David Bell deserve an extension?

12 minutes ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

I like Freidl but does he have an assist all year??  Cost us one of the Brewers games with a ridiculous throw home

Tied for 14th in the MLB with 5.

He does do the high school airmailed missing the cutoff man throw too often though. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

Freidl leads the Reds outfielders with 5 assists.

You and both know that can be a very misleading stat, most of the time it’s because the other team runs on him ALL the time, which they do to TJ, I like him but as CW said, he makes some really boneheaded throws that hurt us

On 8/5/2023 at 3:53 PM, 16thBBall Fan said:

Yes, 1.000 fielding percentage in the outfield, the same as STEER, CES has a HIGHER fielding percentage at 1B than Steer, so, again, why burn Benson when you know Fraley is unavailable, something that a good manager wouldn’t do, again, would’ve been nice to have had Benson available to hit for Fairchild against the righty in the 9th

If you're using fielding percentage as an argument then I'll just have to read every one of your posts as tongue in cheek. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, ChuckT said:

I absolutely hate the line-up vs. Lefties.  I'm not a big fan of Newman, Fairchild, Hopkins, or Ramos YET!! 

Fairchild has definitely grown on me.  Seems to be their 2nd best defensive outfielder, gives a quality at bat the majority of time, and plays hard.  May not be an everyday regular player, but he's a very solid 4th outfielder.