Does David Bell deserve an extension?

Bell Is in year 5 with one playoff appearance in a shortened 2020 season and in a tight race for one this season. His contract is up after this year and hasn’t been renewed. 

Do you extend him or take your chance on someone else with the young core?

50 minutes ago, TribeTime said:

Bell Is in year 5 with one playoff appearance in a shortened 2020 season and in a tight race for one this season. His contract is up after this year and hasn’t been renewed. 

Do you extend him or take your chance on someone else with the young core?

No extension now, plenty of time to do that.  Let's see where this season goes.

13 hours ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

Without a doubt one of the five worst managers in baseball

So you think their success this year is in spite of him?  Also, if it's without a doubt, can you give us a ranking of everyone that is better and why?

11 hours ago, brown4 said:

So you think their success this year is in spite of him?  Also, if it's without a doubt, can you give us a ranking of everyone that is better and why?

Absolutely in spite of him.  Only manager in baseball that put himself in position with his lineup that he had to lose the DH, that’s enough by itself!!

44 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Reds fans have hated on every Reds manager since Lou Pinella. More than 30 years of hate on Reds managers.

Nope.  Johnson was good, Mckeon was good, Dusty was good. Put yourself in a position to have to lose the DH, that by itself shows you’re not very good.  List of mlb managers rankings had Bell 25th, said for some reason he keeps getting mulligans 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

Nope.  Johnson was good, Mckeon was good, Dusty was good. Put yourself in a position to have to lose the DH, that by itself shows you’re not very good.  List of mlb managers rankings had Bell 25th, said for some reason he keeps getting mulligans 

I'm not saying you hated all of them. I am saying I have heard Cincinnati fans blast on every manager since Pinella. There are always people complaining about how bad the manager is. Baseball is a game that leads to many moves being questionable every night. Just the nature of baseball. Some moves work. Some don't. When it is all said and done, either you have the players or you don't. These Reds rookies are getting it done and that makes any manager look good. Last year was a mess and that mess would make any manager look bad.

14 hours ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

Absolutely in spite of him.  Only manager in baseball that put himself in position with his lineup that he had to lose the DH, that’s enough by itself!!

Is that a fact that he's the only one to do that?  I find that hard to believe, but I can't find any examples anywhere through googling.