Thu Aug 31 vs. Lawrenceburg (IN) 6:00pm
Thu Sep 7 vs. Cooper 6:00pm
Thu Sep 14 at Covington Catholic 6:00pm
Thu Sep 21 at Dixie Heights 6:00pm
Thu Sep 28 vs. Highlands 6:00pm
Thu Oct 5 at Ryle 6:00pm
Thu Oct 12 vs. Simon Kenton 6:00pm
Thu Oct 19 at Moeller (OH) 6:00pm

I heard Beechwood has about 35 players on their freshman roster. If accurate, that will be by a good amount the largest freshman roster I have seen at Beechwood.

• Like 1

On 7/24/2023 at 12:35 PM, Voice of Reason said:

I heard Beechwood has about 35 players on their freshman roster. If accurate, that will be by a good amount the largest freshman roster I have seen at Beechwood.

Beechwood should be one of the best freshman teams this year. I believe they started a lot of 8th graders last year, and I’ll be surprised if Fryman plays freshman. However, if he does he will be the best player on the field every game. 

1 hour ago, futurecoach said:

Beechwood should be one of the best freshman teams this year. I believe they started a lot of 8th graders last year, and I’ll be surprised if Fryman plays freshman. However, if he does he will be the best player on the field every game. 

He will probably play varsity.

2 hours ago, futurecoach said:

Is he the one that reclassified in 7th grade?

3 hours ago, futurecoach said:

2 hours ago, MaddenCurse44 said:

He will probably play varsity.

Agree, straight to varsity. He was the best freshman team player I saw last year.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’m excited to also see Lloyd HS Freshman play.  Having a good coaching program at the youth in place and a solid HS Coaching staff will pay dividends for the program, plus the upgrades at Lloyd are great.  I’m sure they’ll be making noise this year and years to come. 

• Like 1

On 7/20/2023 at 12:05 AM, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Highlands Freshman:

Wed Aug 23 at Covington Catholic 6:00pm
Thu Aug 31 vs. Dixie Heights 6:00pm
Thu Sep 7 at Elder (OH) 6:00pm
Wed Sep 13 at Ryle 6:00pm
Thu Sep 21 vs. Simon Kenton 6:00pm
Thu Sep 28 at Beechwood  6:00pm
Thu Oct 5 vs. Campbell County 6:00pm
Thu Oct 12 at Conner 6:00pm
Thu Oct 19 vs. Cooper 6:00pm

All Highlands Freshmen home games are now set to start @ 6:30. We made the change yesterday.

Also Highlands has added a game @ Elder September 7th. Game is scheduled for 6:00

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

Agree, straight to varsity. He was the best freshman team player I saw last year.

I’m not sure if I would say he was the best freshman last year, but definitely in the top 10 and probably top 5.  Which him only being an 8th grader last year, just makes it even more impressive. He is going to be a stud for Beechwood in football and baseball for years to come. He is a special player. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, futurecoach said:

I’m not sure if I would say he was the best freshman last year, but definitely in the top 10 and probably top 5.  Which him only being an 8th grader last year, just makes it even more impressive. He is going to be a stud for Beechwood in football and baseball for years to come. He is a special player. 

Did you watch Fryman much at all? In particular, the CovCath game? Without question, he was the top freshman player I saw last year. 

CovCaths team last year was much deeper/bigger/more experienced and Fryman’s receiving TD and kick return TD had the score tied at the half. Colonels pulled away in second half when they blanketed Fryman with 3 defenders. 

There were definitely a few other standouts, but, I’m with @Voice of Reason, his dominance was second to none. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, BrosefStalin said:

Did you watch Fryman much at all? In particular, the CovCath game? Without question, he was the top freshman player I saw last year. 

CovCaths team last year was much deeper/bigger/more experienced and Fryman’s receiving TD and kick return TD had the score tied at the half. Colonels pulled away in second half when they blanketed Fryman with 3 defenders. 

There were definitely a few other standouts, but, I’m with @Voice of Reason, his dominance was second to none. 

Fryman must have got his talent from his mom not his dad. I am joking the Frymans are great people.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The_Bull44 said:

I’m excited to also see Lloyd HS Freshman play.  Having a good coaching program at the youth in place and a solid HS Coaching staff will pay dividends for the program, plus the upgrades at Lloyd are great.  I’m sure they’ll be making noise this year and years to come. 

Is Lloyd's team a freshman team, or froshmore?

I'm not sure whether or not there are enough froshmore teams in NKY currently to start a separate thread for them (especially since they play a kind of mish-mashed schedule against freshman teams, JV teams, and other froshmore teams), but I know at least Boone County, New Cath and Holmes all have froshmore teams. And I think Scott and (maybe) Walton-Verona do as well? Not sure about anyone else around NKY.

1 hour ago, THUNDERBIRDS said:

All Highlands Freshmen home games are now set to start @ 6:30. We made the change yesterday.

Also Highlands has added a game @ Elder September 7th. Game is scheduled for 6:00

Thanks @THUNDERBIRDS. I went back and updated the start times for the home games on Highlands' schedule and all of the corresponding opponents.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, BrosefStalin said:

Uh oh. Get ready for the "ha ha" emoji from @NKYRaider

• Like 1
  • Haha 2