Pirates at Reds (3/30 - 4/2)

46 minutes ago, Jumper_Dad said:

Didn't Reds win opening day last year, then not win again until almost May?

Maybe they'll flip last years results!

It was the worst start in Reds history.  Played almost .500 ball the rest of the way. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Strawberrybarrow250 said:

I hope we don't have to watch Benson and his strikeouts all year.  Find someone that can put the ball in play.  We already have Barrero who is going to have his fair share of strikeouts in the lineup.  

Agree with this. Barrero reminds me of a right handed Jay Bruce at times. He would routinely swing at sliders in the other batter's box and miss by 2.5 feet. 

1 hour ago, Strawberrybarrow250 said:

I hope we don't have to watch Benson and his strikeouts all year.  Find someone that can put the ball in play.  We already have Barrero who is going to have his fair share of strikeouts in the lineup.  

That has been a Reds problem for last how many years.  Get enamored with power potential and throwing 100 plus.  Adds up to losing seasons.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Jack of all Trades said:

That has been a Reds problem for last how many years.  Get enamored with power potential and throwing 100 plus.  Adds up to losing seasons.

With the new rules, it makes sense to build a team on speed.  Watch the percentage of stolen bases this season. 

14 hours ago, newarkcatholicfan said:

Same ole Reds.
Some good, but a starting pitcher has to be ace-like at some point.

Greene's pitches were for the most part up in strike zone yesterday.  Just can't pitch there and get away with it a GABP or really any yard for that matter.  After first visit to mound from Johnson he started to get pitches down but they didn't stay there long.  First real game of season, first time ever pitching opening day, hope he learns from it and is successful on next outing.  JMO.

Relief pitchng.......ooof.