Huntinton, WV 97 Lexington Catholic 64

LexCath coach Brandon Salsman said on Thursday. "We haven't yet turned attention to Huntington High. We don't match up very well with them, but I don't know many high school teams that do. We've played the best of the best, but hands down Huntington High is the best team we will have ever played."

Clearly Coach Salsman has no idea about how the game of basketball should be played in the year 2007. Apparently he has lost sight of the value of two handed set shots, four corner stall offenses, and slowing down the game to keep scores under 50 points.

Too bad HHS is stuck with Mayo, or they might really be good... :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think it's hilarious that anybody would think that Mayo isn't a huge addition to this HHS team... or any team he's played on for that matter.

HHS was the best team in West Virginia without Mayo. They are one of the top three teams in the Nation with Mayo. There is an "I" in that kind of team... it's spelled "Winners." :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully, the crowd at Rupp Arena will impress all of them, OJ included, even though he has already committed. Even though we don't need him because we have guards and I hear that his attitude isn't the greatest, it would be nice to show him on what he is missing out on.

I have been reading posts on BGP for several years. However, this one gets the award as the most ridiculous post of all time.

To say that Kentucky can't use Mayo because they already have guards compares with saying the Reds can't use Roger Clemens because they already have starting pitchers. I haven't heard too many NBA people mention Meeks, Jasper, or Porter as lottery picks, have you?

What will Mayo be missing by not coming to UK? The obvious answer is "absolutely nothing".

T-CAT4LIFE seems to think that UK had little or no interest in Mayo. The fact of the matter is that, even when Smith came to see him as a seventh grader, Mayo had no interest whatsoever in UK. That never changed.

The smug attitude of many UK fans is beyond reality.

UK doesn't need Mayo? Get real. The truth is Mayo doesn't remotely need UK. The Wildcats no longer strike fear in the hearts of the colleges of the nation as they did in the time of The Baron.

T-CAT4LIFE seems to think that UK had little or no interest in Mayo. The fact of the matter is that, even when Smith came to see him as a seventh grader, Mayo had no interest whatsoever in UK. That never changed.

I don't think UK had little interest in him, I KNOW they had very little interest in him.. They knew (along with everyone else) that he is most likely a one and done player.. That's not what UK, or anyone else for that matter, is looking for these days.

I don't think UK had little interest in him, I KNOW they had very little interest in him.. They knew (along with everyone else) that he is most likely a one and done player.. That's not what UK, or anyone else for that matter, is looking for these days.

Ohio St. and UNC don't seem to mind.

I guess Reggie Hanson had a girlfriend or close friend at all of OJ's 7th Grade games then, because he sure was there for some wild reason....Odd that he was doing all of KY's recruiting at the time too.....:thumb:

But I do honestly think for some reason their attention did drop off there at the end for some reason. Probably because he was too good.

I never realized that Smith confided in you. I imagine that any loss of interest in Mayo resulted from the fact that he never, ever showed even a remote interest in UK. Possibly, UK got the message. If not, they should have because it was a well known fact around Friendship Road.

As for the one year reference, possibly the failure to get the best as do others explains Smith's inability to reach the final four in recent years. It sure isn't because of a lack of money and facilities.

I guess Reggie Hanson had a girlfriend or close friend at all of OJ's 7th Grade games then, because he sure was there for some wild reason....Odd that he was doing all of KY's recruiting at the time too.....:thumb:

But I do honestly think for some reason their attention did drop off there at the end for some reason. Probably because he was too good.

Excellent point. Do you suppose Smith forgot to tell Hanson that UK had "lost interest".

As for the "drop off" in interest, I would suggest that it was because Smith finally got the message. However, I do agree that with your last statement.

Huntington High was at Rupp Arena tonight. At two different times tonight, the student sections were chanting "Patrick Patterson, Patrick Patterson!!!" I saw fans at halftime talking to Patterson and getting his autograph. After the game, I ran into the team and I shook O.J. Mayo's hand and took a picture with him. As I was standing there, many fans were screaming at them, etc. One fan said "we'd love to have you here next season O.J." and O.J. responded with "you never know..." and a wink.

Hope PP decides to wear the Blue.

I don't know how he could attend a game at Rupp and not decide to go to UK. That place is awesome during SEC games.

I still heard him on the news tonight say that he was still looking at 6 schools - Florida, UK, Duke, Wake, Virginia, and West Virginia I think was his list.

Huntington High was at Rupp Arena tonight. At two different times tonight, the student sections were chanting "Patrick Patterson, Patrick Patterson!!!" I saw fans at halftime talking to Patterson and getting his autograph. After the game, I ran into the team and I shook O.J. Mayo's hand and took a picture with him. As I was standing there, many fans were screaming at them, etc. One fan said "we'd love to have you here next season O.J." and O.J. responded with "you never know..." and a wink.

Glad you got to meet Mayo. He is a very personable young man. If the fan had said that he/she would love to have him at Shawnee State, he would have given the same reply.

Glad you got to meet Mayo. He is a very personable young man. If the fan had said that he/she would love to have him at Shawnee State, he would have given the same reply.

You're right, he would have. He was a nice young man. He was very happy to sign autographs, shake hands, whatever.

:rolleyes: I dont believe anyone paid good money to see subs play..

Huh??? I thought this was SUPPOSED to be a HIGH SCHOOL BASKETBALL GAME, about a bunch of 15-18 year old kids trying to play a game and maybe in the process learn a few things that might help them become better people later in life. Where does the consideration on the student-athlete come in? Of course, on second thought, you are 100% right. When the circus comes to town, the paying customer wants to see the main attraction, not the sideshow.