Huntinton, WV 97 Lexington Catholic 64

I was quite impressed by OJ this weekend. That kid was simply the best player out there. He wasn't selfish, passed quite frequently and simply put on a show. I liked how he worked early to get Patterson some nice ally oop dunks on the fastbreaks. Mayo also showed he has a good shot. He was cold early but in the 2nd half missed few of his threes. Patterson was obviously a beast down low but seemed at times to be somewhat non existent. It is very obvious OJ Mayo is the man in Huntington. I also liked their guard #1. He could shoot and also had some nice ups.

As for Lex Cath, they actually played well most the game, sadly, they just aren't at the level Huntington is. Novosel played good down low but there was no way he could post up Patterson. Stewart missed a lot of open 10 foot shots that didn't help matters for the Knights. Still, I thought Lex Cath showed that they are a pretty good team.

Its sad when they lose by 30 one day and actually played better then when they lost by 4 points just the night before (Lafayette)

Lex Cath is a team teetering on the edge. They have lost 5 of 6 going back to the 5/3rd finals. They have also played a lot of games. The starters have played a lot of minutes. Novosel is beaten up. Stewart played 32 minutes Friday night. They will appreciate in a few years the opportunity to talk about how they played OJ, but I think they would have liked to have had a chance to be more competitive on Saturday.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic