Huntinton, WV 97 Lexington Catholic 64

You obviously don't know OJ becuase he is a very unselfish player and person! When have you ever heard him say anything selfish in an interview or anything? He gets a bad rep becuase of the people who clamped on to him, but he's a great kid!! How can you be selfish and avg 8 assist a game? and he was late because he was getting extra treatment on his pulled hamstring so again how is that selfish?

Did I ever say that he talks selfish in his interviews?

Did I ever say that he doesn't give out assists?

He is an oustanding ball player. There is a reason he is ranked #1 in the country.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I assume you didn't hear Patterson's comments after their Dematha game, where OJ showed up late for the game. He commented "Not to get on O.J. or nothing, but he's always late," said Patterson. Mayo may pass out the assists, but he is an "I" on that team.

He might have 100 assists, but he isn't a team player... and I don't mean on the court.

Mayo didn't show up late he stayed in the locker getting his ankle taped which he had injured 2 games before the DeMatha game. He even sat out the game before. I think he was referring to OJ's slow start on the floor, he didn't have a very good first half then scored something like 20 some points in the second half.

Did I ever say that he talks selfish in his interviews?

Did I ever say that he doesn't give out assists?

He is an oustanding ball player. There is a reason he is ranked #1 in the country.

Then why bring up the "I" comment then? If he doesn't say selfish stuff, or isn't selfish on the court then how is he SELFISH!!

Are you his relative? Defensive, huh?

I didn't say he was SELFISH, I said we didn't need an "I" on this team. Rondo was an "I". That doesn't mean he didn't want his team to win or his fellow players to do well because I am sure he wants his teammates to thrive, but not at the expense that he doesn't.

I'm not bashing him. I said he was a great player and he may be a good kid.

Actually, he was referring to him being late because he was getting treatment. Patterson said he's "always" late. Does he get special treatment before every game?

Bash me.

I think that was Patterson's attempt at humoring the media. I don't think he actually meant anything with it. He even laughed as he said it.

Got to see OJ play again tonight!! What a talented player!! has the complete package to play basketball. Tubby was at the game and Mayo and Patterson put on a show...... # 21 for HHS was a very good player as well. Where ever OJ goes they are contenders right out of the gate. Can pass, shoot, and run point. He'll be fun in college for one no more than two years and then gone. It was a fun game to be at. Glad I was there!!

I assume you didn't hear Patterson's comments after their Dematha game, where OJ showed up late for the game. He commented "Not to get on O.J. or nothing, but he's always late," said Patterson. Mayo may pass out the assists, but he is an "I" on that team.

He might have 100 assists, but he isn't a team player... and I don't mean on the court.

I guess you missed the announcers talking at beginning of game, and state that OJ hadnt practiced since that past Tuesday and was getting some last minute hamstring work done....which means playing with a bad hammy, which is what he done today also.

Think what you want about OJ, but the young man is a winner and a Team player and for some reason, Kentucky people just want to be Haters.

Bogus answer. Sportsmanship is still the A#1 priority.

OK, maybe they will bring the girls team to get some playing time next time too....Come on.

Plus, Lex Cath cut the lead to 9 at beginning of 4th.

There were a lot of DI coaches there and I am sure they came to see the starters, not the JV, which might I say is undefeated at this point too...:thumb:

Its always hard to get any information on the actual game in which HHS and OJ participates in. It always starts with the thread title which baits me in to read about the game and each and every time, the title of the thread is just about all that has anything to do with the actual game! 80 posts on the thread and only one or two that actually has anything to do with the game. I wanted to read about the game but, 99% of the posts have absolutely nothing to do with HHS vs. Lex Cath! OJ threads and Tennessee (which always turn into why UK didn't sign him when he is actually lighting up his opponents and doing very well at UT) should be banned from BGP if there is not going to be any mention of the actual games these guys participated in. If you didn't read the thread title you wouldn't even know who they played!