Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

8th Region Draw

Featured Replies

  • Replies 97
  • Views 13k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • ColonelMike
    ColonelMike

    As always, the Pegasus Sports Network will broadcast ALL 8th Region tournament games in FREE, live, hi-definition video.   (all games will be archived as well) We will go on the air each night 30

  • 16thBBall Fan
    16thBBall Fan

    I still don’t understand why the 8th is I think the only region that wait until Sunday for their draw and takes away a day of prep for the teams. The only reason I’ve ever been given is it’s more of a

  • Mack The Knife
    Mack The Knife

    Now that I have thought about it is the reason they wait until Sunday is not all the field has been set on Saturday.          Most years the 31st plays their finals on Saturday.

Posted Images

  • Author

FIRST ROUND MATCHUPS

March 1

North Oldham vs Grant County, 6:30

Woodford County vs Owen County, 8:00

 

March 2

Simon Kenton vs Oldham County, 6:30

Gallatin County vs Collins, 8:00

 

 

Wow, these first round games could be ugly.

8 minutes ago, 4 Quarters said:

Wow, these first round games could be ugly.

How?

1 minute ago, deepthreejack said:

How?

Will any of them be competitive?

North/Grant was a 6 point game first time.

Teegan will leave it all on the floor vs Woodford.  He could go for 40 and win.

SK won at Oldham during the season, but it was a 5 point game with 2:00 to go, and Oldham rimmed out a 3.

Gallatin/Collins the biggest mismatch in round 1?

 

2 minutes ago, deepthreejack said:

North/Grant was a 6 point game first time.

Teegan will leave it all on the floor vs Woodford.  He could go for 40 and win.

SK won at Oldham during the season, but it was a 5 point game with 2:00 to go, and Oldham rimmed out a 3.

Gallatin/Collins the biggest mismatch in round 1?

 

You have more faith than I.

19 minutes ago, 4 Quarters said:

Wow, these first round games could be ugly.

Could be anything. On paper, based on the seeds and the rule you can play your own district I don’t see how the draw  could have produced more competitive matchups- again, on paper. Gallatin is gonna be an outlier regardless of who they were set to play. I’d say this draw in totality of having to win three games was worst case for North, Grant and Woodford  and best case for OC, SK and Collins. Collins clearly this years lucky “loser” as district runner up with OC a close second. 

I fully expect North Oldham to emerge from the region, but I feel that may have been as difficult a draw as possible for them.  Going by the final BGP region ranks, they drew the #2 team behind them right away, and could ultimately face the 2-4-3 teams en route to winning the region.  And that's not even counting dangerous Woodford County.

Going by the Massey ratings, they drew the second highest district runner-up (Grant County at 31, behind Collins at 15), may follow that with #28 Woodford County, and finish with either #15 Collins or #26 Simon Kenton.

 

I’m a Grant fan and I want them to win, but after watching them play SK last week, I don’t see them winning against NO. Grant plays extremely hard, and I think that gives them an edge in some regular season matchups, because they treat every game like game 7 of the NBA finals, and sometimes other teams might not have that mentality when elimination is not on the line, which I think explains the win against Great Crossing and the close game against NO. 
 

But, during tournament time, playing hard only gets you so far. And I think the game against NO could get ugly if NO plays to their full potential. 

Collins has to like their side of the draw, let the big fish eat each other on the other side of the bracket. 

1 hour ago, Colonel-Rebel Fan said:

North, Woodford, Collins should all win  IMO.  Oldham vs SK, I’m not sure about.

SK will beat Oldham County.

Oldham a tough one to figure.

Have some good wins and some bad losses.

All teams are 0-0 now though. 
Survive and Advance time!!!

Should be a good night of basketball on March 6 will be two good semi-final games.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.