Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

8th Region Draw

Featured Replies

3 hours ago, Colonel-Rebel Fan said:

North, Woodford, Collins should all win  IMO.  Oldham vs SK, I’m not sure about.

I agree with 4 Quarters that SK will win. Amburgey shouldn’t be much of a factor in this one unless Dynes gets in foul trouble.

  • Replies 97
  • Views 13k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • ColonelMike
    ColonelMike

    As always, the Pegasus Sports Network will broadcast ALL 8th Region tournament games in FREE, live, hi-definition video.   (all games will be archived as well) We will go on the air each night 30

  • 16thBBall Fan
    16thBBall Fan

    I still don’t understand why the 8th is I think the only region that wait until Sunday for their draw and takes away a day of prep for the teams. The only reason I’ve ever been given is it’s more of a

  • Mack The Knife
    Mack The Knife

    Now that I have thought about it is the reason they wait until Sunday is not all the field has been set on Saturday.          Most years the 31st plays their finals on Saturday.

Posted Images

3 hours ago, 4 Quarters said:

SK will beat Oldham County.

I disagree. But I absolutely hate the way they play, and I am puzzled by their perpetual mediocrity despite being the biggest school in the region  so I’m predicting both from brain and heart. 

44 minutes ago, Nkybballfan23 said:

I agree with 4 Quarters that SK will win. Amburgey shouldn’t be much of a factor in this one unless Dynes gets in foul trouble.

Make dynes play 90 feet. I’d like to se him try to catch up to Luke. If marcum or anyone rebounds for OC I’d have Luke sprinting down the court. Most athletic kid on the court either team. 

30 minutes ago, Hoopstars said:

I disagree. But I absolutely hate the way they play, and I am puzzled by their perpetual mediocrity despite being the biggest school in the region  so I’m predicting both from brain and heart. 

I agree, I think I’m struggling with this game because I don’t trust Simon Kenton.  On the other hand, Amburgey wont be at 100% so it will be SKs game to lose.

I think this game comes down to Green for OC. In the South Oldham win, Green scored 36% of OC’s points in a 19-point win. In the North Oldham loss, Green scored 64% (!) of OC’s points in a 21-point loss. If he gets his teammates involved, has a few assists, Amburgey is healthy and stays out of foul trouble . . . then OC pulls it off. 

1 hour ago, Hoopstars said:

Make dynes play 90 feet. I’d like to se him try to catch up to Luke. If marcum or anyone rebounds for OC I’d have Luke sprinting down the court. Most athletic kid on the court either team. 

Agree with that. Amburgey is a great athlete. Him possibly not being at 100% could hurt.

43 minutes ago, ConverseAllStar said:

I think this game comes down to Green for OC. In the South Oldham win, Green scored 36% of OC’s points in a 19-point win. In the North Oldham loss, Green scored 64% (!) of OC’s points in a 21-point loss. If he gets his teammates involved, has a few assists, Amburgey is healthy and stays out of foul trouble . . . then OC pulls it off. 

Totally agree with the premise- except it’s not green getting his teammates “involved”.  It’s  greens teammates showing up and playing and competing like a bunch of dogs and not a group of leftovers. They need to compete. He distributed a ton the first three quarters and the team shot a blank…

I'm having trouble here,  all I've heard all year is Green and Amburgey for Oldham County.  Their record is 16 and 15, likely to end the season 16 and 16.  Can someone explain?

One returning starter (Green), Amburgey a two sport kid that averaged 6 points per game as a junior…

New coach, the Z pressure D/intimidation replaced by a trapping matchup zone.

Season performance has been about average based on those factors.  

12 minutes ago, 4 Quarters said:

I'm having trouble here,  all I've heard all year is Green and Amburgey for Oldham County.  Their record is 16 and 15, likely to end the season 16 and 16.  Can someone explain?

Not sure what you mean “all you heard”. I actually thought the P in BGP stood for Pioneer. No teams win per post ratio is less. Lots of threads on north, south, Collins.  But when people are analyzing the OC GAME- they might mention max and Luke- weird?  Like Owen County threads might mention- Tegan Moore. 

Now, as far as this season-OC lost a ton, and played a relatively tough schedule. Very inexperienced team and a new head coach. Knowing role has been a challenge and if not for South, (pick your year) would probably be the worst defensive team the county has ever produced. 
 

 

  • Author

Why don't we transfer this conversation over to the Regional Tournament Preview

 

1 hour ago, 4 Quarters said:

I'm having trouble here,  all I've heard all year is Green and Amburgey for Oldham County.  Their record is 16 and 15, likely to end the season 16 and 16.  Can someone explain?

I’ve got good friends in that program, so it doesn’t bother me (I’m a glass mostly full kind of guy and the typical negativity you see online/social media wears me out).  That said, there’s been something of a disconnect this year on this board between the perception of OC and its actual results.  It’s as though folks know what OC typically is and refused to believe what their eyes were seeing……

3 minutes ago, Mojocat said:

I’ve got good friends in that program, so it doesn’t bother me (I’m a glass mostly full kind of guy and the typical negativity you see online/social media wears me out).  That said, there’s been something of a disconnect this year on this board between the perception of OC and its actual results.  It’s as though folks know what OC typically is and refused to believe what their eyes were seeing……

Which poster has been pumping Oldham  this year?  Perception is a funny thing. I’ve seen mostly grant pumping (me included) lots and lots of SK stuff and one post after another about their big.  I haven’t seen one person crowing about Oldham and how great they are or will be.. Early in season when struggling some comments about new coach, new system give them a chance.  Max is the highest potential college recruit in the region since….actually not sure?  And I’m not sure if he gets more accolades or criticism?  But certainly Moore, Hammonds and Dallas get way more positive pub.
 

“All I HEARD all year is Green and Amburgey for Oldham County” really means “all I HATE all year is green and Amburgey for Oldham County”. And the hate is real….yikes. 

11 hours ago, Hoopstars said:

Not sure what you mean “all you heard”. I actually thought the P in BGP stood for Pioneer. No teams win per post ratio is less. Lots of threads on north, south, Collins.  But when people are analyzing the OC GAME- they might mention max and Luke- weird?  Like Owen County threads might mention- Tegan Moore. 

Now, as far as this season-OC lost a ton, and played a relatively tough schedule. Very inexperienced team and a new head coach. Knowing role has been a challenge and if not for South, (pick your year) would probably be the worst defensive team the county has ever produced. 
 

 

Trust me, I'm not a Pioneer fan.  I just think they are a better team than Oldham County.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.