Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

8th Region Draw

Featured Replies

Well... it is set! We do not know any of the champions or runner-ups, but we have our 8 teams!

North Oldham
Oldham County
Collins
Woodford County
Owen County
Gallatin County
Grant County
Simon Kenton

About exactly as we would have drew it up going into the year!

The draw will be Sunday, I am not sure on the exact time. 

  • Replies 97
  • Views 13k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • ColonelMike
    ColonelMike

    As always, the Pegasus Sports Network will broadcast ALL 8th Region tournament games in FREE, live, hi-definition video.   (all games will be archived as well) We will go on the air each night 30

  • 16thBBall Fan
    16thBBall Fan

    I still don’t understand why the 8th is I think the only region that wait until Sunday for their draw and takes away a day of prep for the teams. The only reason I’ve ever been given is it’s more of a

  • Mack The Knife
    Mack The Knife

    Now that I have thought about it is the reason they wait until Sunday is not all the field has been set on Saturday.          Most years the 31st plays their finals on Saturday.

Posted Images

  • Author

The draw will be tomorrow at 2pm. 

District Champions:
North Oldham
Woodford County
Gallatin County
Simon Kenton

District Runner-Ups:
Oldham County
Collins
Owen County
Grant County

 

Is it fair to say that the runner-ups might be stronger than the champions? I believe that if you look at success throughout the entire season it is a fair statement. However, with the return of John McCrear for Woodford County it might give the champions a little boost in strength. 

I still don’t understand why the 8th is I think the only region that wait until Sunday for their draw and takes away a day of prep for the teams. The only reason I’ve ever been given is it’s more of a tradition or they’ve always done it on Sunday. It just doesn’t make sense. 

  • Author
1 hour ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

I still don’t understand why the 8th is I think the only region that wait until Sunday for their draw and takes away a day of prep for the teams. The only reason I’ve ever been given is it’s more of a tradition or they’ve always done it on Sunday. It just doesn’t make sense. 

The region of traditions. Every Sunday before the tournament at Henry County for the draw, and then you spend the week after at Henry County for the tournament. A tradition that has been going on for more than 60 years, the longest tenure for a regional host in the state!

1 hour ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

I still don’t understand why the 8th is I think the only region that wait until Sunday for their draw and takes away a day of prep for the teams. The only reason I’ve ever been given is it’s more of a tradition or they’ve always done it on Sunday. It just doesn’t make sense. 

If memory serves me correctly, even when it starts on Monday they still draw on Sunday.

Now that I have thought about it is the reason they wait until Sunday is not all the field has been set on Saturday.         
Most years the 31st plays their finals on Saturday.

1 hour ago, Adrian Woj Burner said:

The draw will be tomorrow at 2pm. 

District Champions:
North Oldham
Woodford County
Gallatin County
Simon Kenton

District Runner-Ups:
Oldham County
Collins
Owen County
Grant County

 

Is it fair to say that the runner-ups might be stronger than the champions? I believe that if you look at success throughout the entire season it is a fair statement. However, with the return of John McCrear for Woodford County it might give the champions a little boost in strength. 

No doubt. Oldham caught a huge break if you just look at their +/- vs the one seeds and compare it to the two seeds they played this season. 

20 minutes ago, Mack The Knife said:

Now that I have thought about it is the reason they wait until Sunday is not all the field has been set on Saturday.         
Most years the 31st plays their finals on Saturday.

This year they all played last night.

2 hours ago, Adrian Woj Burner said:

The draw will be tomorrow at 2pm. 

District Champions:
North Oldham
Woodford County
Gallatin County
Simon Kenton

District Runner-Ups:
Oldham County
Collins
Owen County
Grant County

 

Is it fair to say that the runner-ups might be stronger than the champions? I believe that if you look at success throughout the entire season it is a fair statement. However, with the return of John McCrear for Woodford County it might give the champions a little boost in strength. 

When North Oldham is at its best, it is so much better than any other team that, by itself, it defeats your point.  Otherwise, I would probably agree.

And I believe the 5th Region also draws on Sunday……

16 hours ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

I still don’t understand why the 8th is I think the only region that wait until Sunday for their draw and takes away a day of prep for the teams. The only reason I’ve ever been given is it’s more of a tradition or they’ve always done it on Sunday. It just doesn’t make sense. 

There were conflicts about what time to set the draw and some coaches couldn't make a specific time and it led to some hard feelings so the AD's stepped in and it was set whoever plays first draws at 10AM on Saturday and whoever plays second draws at 2PM on Sunday.   It was set by a vote of the region AD's.

image.thumb.png.857b173059eacf01e4e36abf7e812895.pngPerhaps Mojocat could elaborate as to which of these performances were North Oldham’s best that sets them apart from everyone else in the region?

To that point have we even seen Woodfords best?  

Would be nice to see a tourney where every team only played their best.  Doesn’t happen.  Don’t think for a second North wouldn’t prefer the district championships went chalk.  

 

1 hour ago, SC Fball HC said:

There were conflicts about what time to set the draw and some coaches couldn't make a specific time and it led to some hard feelings so the AD's stepped in and it was set whoever plays first draws at 10AM on Saturday and whoever plays second draws at 2PM on Sunday.   It was set by a vote of the region AD's.

I do not understand the above. Could you elaborate on the some teams draw Saturday and some draw Sunday?

45 minutes ago, Hoopstars said:

I do not understand the above. Could you elaborate on the some teams draw Saturday and some draw Sunday?

In short there was no specific set time for the draw.   Not for sure what year it was but one year they were trying to set the time for the draw and some coaches had previous commitments and it caused some tension.   So it was decided that they would do one draw on Saturday at 10AM and the other on Sunday at 2PM.  This would eliminate any confusion and it was set and has been that way for probably 3 years.

2 hours ago, deepthreejack said:

image.thumb.png.857b173059eacf01e4e36abf7e812895.pngPerhaps Mojocat could elaborate as to which of these performances were North Oldham’s best that sets them apart from everyone else in the region?

To that point have we even seen Woodfords best?  

Would be nice to see a tourney where every team only played their best.  Doesn’t happen.  Don’t think for a second North wouldn’t prefer the district championships went chalk.  

 

Sure.  I'd point to that Central Hardin score - CH is one of the favorites to win the 5th Region, and North beat them by 34.  Also Lyon County - the obvious choice to win the 2nd.  North demolished them by 34.  Lyon gives up on average 63 points a game, and that 107 by North is a full 22 points more than they've given up to anyone else.  And then the OC game Friday - they won by 20, but it was not that close.  North was up 59-22 after 3 quarters, with a running clock.  And those 3 are just from among the handful I've seen in person.  They are pretty good, and they have all played together for years, since the 5th grade.  They won the region last year - it's almost like they get bored at times.  Levitch is good at punching that particular button.  First time I saw it was in the Region finals last year against Woodford.  That was a seemingly pretty even game; in fact, Woodford may have been favored, as they had 5 losses coming in to North's 12.  And the score at halftime was, I think, North Oldham 45 Woodford County 19.  

On paper, at their very best, I just think they are head and shoulders better than anyone else in the 8th Region.  But as we know the games aren't played on paper.  That 'turn it on, turn it off' approach can definitely bite you in the butt in a one-loss-and-you-go-home scenario.  

I guess we’ll see!

 

They drew Grant round 1, Hammonds could get 45 and beat them.

 

They get Woodford round 2 who will be chomping at the bit to avenge last year..

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.