Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Grant County 80 Walton-Verona 76 (32nd District Semifinals)

Featured Replies

I hope the dude holding up "double L's" at the end of that video sees the replay and is wildly embarrassed.  

  • Replies 114
  • Views 15.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Wouldn’t that be a double dribble. Why would he teach that?

  • I was actually on the WV side, trust me , a lot of trash talking and garbage on that side also.  Great game, great crowd, if your weak hearted, you better stay home.

  • There was a few questionable calls in last nights game that I thought should have gone the other way. But, I hate the excuses every losing team makes after they lose. Walton loses, all you have is the

Posted Images

1 hour ago, ConverseAllStar said:

This may be an unpopular opinion regarding Coach Utter, but I’m not sure how you vote a guy coach of the year when you can’t teach your point guard to dribble with both hands. 

Wouldn’t that be a double dribble. Why would he teach that?

6 minutes ago, Mack The Knife said:

I’m hearing the Grant assistant is Hammonds’ father. Can anyone confirm?

Yes. And if you look at the video, Coach Hammonds was cheering close to the Walton bench but you can clearly see him extend an apologetic hand to Coach Hester. Then the WV assistant coach, the guy with glasses. starts mouthing off to Dylan Hammonds (the player). 

Does anyone have stats? 

2 minutes ago, bigapplekid said:

Does anyone have stats? 

Nothing official as of yet. Based solely off my eye, I would say Willis had 20+, Hammonds right behind him, and Breeden had a good bit. 

Gutman probably led the Bearcats in scoring, he had a great night. So did Julian Dixon. 

Rule 2 reads in part:

2. No disparaging, taunting, or boastful comments--especially between opponents trying to intimidate each other. This includes, name calling or personal attacks toward any member, username, team, or school. Additionally this includes a pattern of posts that inflames or incites other posters (i.e. trolling or gaslighting).

25 minutes ago, 4 Quarters said:

I was actually on the WV side, trust me , a lot of trash talking and garbage on that side also.  Great game, great crowd, if your weak hearted, you better stay home.

With a heated district game that’s what’s bound to happen. Can’t wait for the final on Friday. Crowd should be just as good if not better.

25 minutes ago, Mack The Knife said:

I’m hearing the Grant assistant is Hammonds’ father. Can anyone confirm?

Yes he is.

2 minutes ago, Nkybballfan23 said:

With a heated district game that’s what’s bound to happen. Can’t wait for the final on Friday. Crowd should be just as good if not better.

I am not sure that it can get any better from the stands. Only way is if there are people lined up on the baselines LOL

56 minutes ago, bigapplekid said:

As someone who was born and raised in GC, but “escaped” — as I like to say — I can say with certainty that the fans relish comments like this, especially when they are said by those from Boone or Kenton, which are much wealthier and affluent communities than their less fortunate southern neighbors. I think they think there is a sense of entitlement over them. But I digress ?

OUCH !!!!?

1 hour ago, Adrian Woj Burner said:

An assistant coach from Grant and Hester went at it, when an assistant coaches from both sides got into an argument, and then both head coaches got into it.

Wrong head coaches did not get into it at all! 

3 minutes ago, Woodsman said:

Wrong head coaches did not get into it at all! 

You are correct. If you go to my recap on it all, and the game (which is more important) I explained it all out. 

11 minutes ago, Adrian Woj Burner said:

I am not sure that it can get any better from the stands. Only way is if there are people lined up on the baselines LOL

I have seen it before at SK for big games. Wouldn’t be totally shocked to see it again.

Amazing game!

Hammonds 27& 11, Breeden 22, Wills 20&6, Utter 6, Scalf 3, Fox 2 for Grant.  Gutman 18, Dixon 17&11, Smith 17, Montgomery 11, Bach 9, Gregory 2, Krohman 2 for Walton.

Again amazing game! 

 

These pictures speak for themselves. Who should be embarrassed?  Classy group of coaches, pointing and yelling at a kid.   Don’t be in that position if you can’t keep your composure. Good group of kids on the floor tonight for both teams. What a game!!  

FA7058B4-97B6-48B4-B6E1-D5A424706C2F.png

28A39E49-CA9D-4FBD-A82F-0FC595B7E25E.png

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.