TCU 51 Michigan 45 (National Championship Semi-Final)

16thBBall Fan

• theguru changed the title to TCU 51 Michigan 45 (National Championship Semi-Final)

I’m very happy for TCU that they won. Michigan is fortunate they finished as closely as they did. Between TCU’s success in the red zone tonight and their two defensive touchdowns, it’s amazing they were as close as they were. Michigan was equally its own enemy with their goal line issues and blitzing. Their blitzing gave TCU a lot of yardage and points.

4 hours ago, hrcarrier said:

I’m very happy for TCU that they won. Michigan is fortunate they finished as closely as they did. Between TCU’s success in the red zone tonight and their two defensive touchdowns, it’s amazing they were as close as they were. Michigan was equally its own enemy with their goal line issues and blitzing. Their blitzing gave TCU a lot of yardage and points.

I agree on Michigan blitzing. That was their biggest mistake. 

• Like 1

Wonder what JJ McCarthy thinks about that TCU 3-3-5 now? Happy TCU won after seeing how cocky and arrogant McCarthy was in his interview prior to the game.

Basically said TCU's 3-3-5 wouldn't be able to handle Michigan's run game (TCU abused the UM oline all night) and they were going to show TCU what Big 10 football was all about. Hope he's enjoying that L this morning. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

I hate the targeting rule so I am glad they didn't call it on that last play.

TCU deserved to win. They bludgeoned Michigan's defense and won the battle in the trenches, which was supposed to be Michigan's strength.

I like the intent of the targeting rule, but it leaves little room for nuance. Appears they exercised that nuance in this situation, which I was totally cool with.

• Like 2