Open Talk: State Championship Weekend

theguru

Of course all BGP Terms of Service apply but other than that this thread is open.

I just finished a bunch of behind the scenes work and had brunch.  Also took a BGP phone call and some BGP texts.  Now it is Friday Football in the Bluegrass!

What is on your mind?

20 minutes ago, theguru said:

Of course all BGP Terms of Service apply but other than that this thread is open.

I just finished a bunch of behind the scenes work and had brunch.  Also took a BGP phone call and some BGP texts.  Now it is Friday Football in the Bluegrass!

What is on your mind?

What did you have for lunch?

6 minutes ago, theguru said:

And some flip flops for your toe ring. 

Yea those rings are so big I would not be able to wear shoes.  I'll need a good pair like the Reef's that have a Ale8 bottle opener on the bottom of them.  

12 minutes ago, Tigerpride94 said:

I'm thinking EKU stadium would be better place to host as I see a cavernous stadium at UofK for size of crowds at Championship games.

I really liked WKU and old Cardinal Stadium.  I like UK because it is somewhat centrally located. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, theguru said:

I really liked WKU and old Cardinal Stadium.  I like UK because it is somewhat centrally located. 

I liked it too when it was at WKU. Big college stadiums just are neat for the players to play in, but the actual environment just seems to be lacking. EKU could be a good alternative. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tigerpride94 said:

I'm thinking EKU stadium would be better place to host as I see a cavernous stadium at UofK for size of crowds at Championship games.

It's awful from a fan perspective to have it at UK or UofL. I know WKU didn't want it anymore, but I wish they could find a more suitable stadium. Now the players may love playing at UK so maybe that's all that matters, but it stinks as a fan. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, LongTimeReader said:

I liked it too when it was at WKU. Big college stadiums just are neat for the players to play in, but the actual environment just seems to be lacking. EKU could be a good alternative. 

WKU was the as close as perfect from a stadium size perspective. From what I know I think WKU didn't want it anymore and the KHSAA may have wanted to try something different too. 

• Like 2