Mayfield 28 Metcalfe County 0

There were 10 to 12 personal fouls called during this game.  Most of it was chatter, but Metcalfe got a few cheap ones in there at the end.  Tee'd off on the center before a kneel down at the end of the game.

Mayfield didn't run the ball particularly well, but passing game looked good and defense was sound as a pound.  If they have this many penalties in the next round they will lose.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, BadaBing said:

There were 10 to 12 personal fouls called during this game.  Most of it was chatter, but Metcalfe got a few cheap ones in there at the end.  Tee'd off on the center before a kneel down at the end of the game.

Mayfield didn't run the ball particularly well, but passing game looked good and defense was sound as a pound.  If they have this many penalties in the next round they will lose.

I watched the highlights from this game last night on the news.I saw at least two personal foul flags that should have been thrown against Metcalfe just in the 2 minute highlight video.

I grew up in an official’s home. So, I definitely give the official the benefit of the doubt. But what happened last night was unexcusable. There were blatant missed calls the entire game. Two hundred and forty yards in penalties between the two teams? Coaches can’t coach and players can't play when this happens.

With all that said, some of the penalties were justified, and I have some doubts about the Cardinals chances to win a championship this year because of those penalties. Champions let the scoreboard do their talking. Those that  refuse to bridle their tongues and in the process rob their team of scoring opprtunities usually are at home listening to the finals on the radio. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Statsdontlie said:

And listening on the live feed, I was hearing that same crew will be doing the finals at Kroger Field. 

That information is incorrect, and let us all be thankful.