Fairdale at Owensboro Predictions/Updates

DevilMayCare

Red Devils vs. Bulldogs  

44 members have voted

1. 1. The winner will be...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/19/2022 at 12:00 AM

@Tkinslow I think you might be underestimating(like many) how good Greenwood really was. I think they beat Fairdale pretty handily. Go look at Fairdale schedule, they played one tough opponent (Beechwood) and got beat by a running clocked … I’m not saying O can’t lose either but this doesn’t seem to be the upset game especially at Rash. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Brown said:

I’ll say it slower and repeat myself:

”Owensboro D has been real stingy.  They gave up 8 points to Henderson and 13 points to Greenwood…”

”The DEFENSE gave up a TD and 2FG’s”

Unfortunately the defense doesn’t play the whole game so I will say it slowly so everyone understands I can pick whoever I want to pick just like you I don’t get on here and try to talk down to people over who they think will win the game and I would appreciate the same respect. Everyone has a opinion.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Devils Fan said:

@Tkinslow I think you might be underestimating(like many) how good Greenwood really was. I think they beat Fairdale pretty handily. Go look at Fairdale schedule, they played one tough opponent (Beechwood) and got beat by a running clocked … I’m not saying O can’t lose either but this doesn’t seem to be the upset game especially at Rash. 

I agree I think Greenwood is a good team but with all these running clock predictions I’m just saying I don’t think it will be that big of a beat down I think Fairdale has a punchers chance. That’s all I’m saying not sure why everyone is so upset by a prediction it doesn’t change the outcome of the game.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tkinslow said:

I agree I think Greenwood is a good team but with all these running clock predictions I’m just saying I don’t think it will be that big of a beat down I think Fairdale has a punchers chance. That’s all I’m saying not sure why everyone is so upset by a prediction it doesn’t change the outcome of the game.

I’m not upset. I thought maybe you knew something about Fairdale that I didn’t that’s why I put the confused emoji. The more appropriate emoji would be a question mark but that wasn’t an option. For the record I don’t think it will be running clock. I think they have a punchers chance too. It’s 5A regionals you have to be some type of decent to make in this far. Cal Preps has it 31 -13 O. I think this score is more accurate to what the outcome will be.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Devils Fan said:

I’m not upset. I thought maybe you knew something about Fairdale that I didn’t that’s why I put the confused emoji. The more appropriate emoji would be a question mark but that wasn’t an option. For the record I don’t think it will be running clock. I think they have a punchers chance too. It’s 5A regionals you have to be some type of decent to make in this far. Cal Preps has it 31 -13 O. I think this score is more accurate to what the outcome will be.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tkinslow said:

Not upset at all -  I picked Henderson over Male so I’m sure I’m in the minority and OCath over LCA.   Mine is a stretch too.  

My reply was from the misunderstanding that the defense gave up 13 not 21.  

This is a really fun thread.  @Tkinslow has made it fun by giving the Bulldogs a chance.  Appreciate that.  The reason I'm a little salty towards Fairdale is that in 2020 Fairdale had a lot of talk; zero schedule then when they were scheduled to go to Rash Stadium they got Covid.  I don't know, I'm calling that convenient timing.  Maybe they did and maybe they didn't.  Doesn't matter.  But that non-game hurt Owensboro's rhythm that year when they lost in the Championship Game to BG.  Now I'm a BG guy, but that little closing up shop has stuck with me.

What matters is Fairdale hasn't seen a pair of athletes like Goodwin on D and Carbon on O this entire year - Beechwood included.  If Hines plays on the DLine, there will be zero push for Fairdale and all kinds of guys in the backfield.  When Owensboro doubles Fairdale's fine WR Jayshawn Shannon and they stack the box with Goodwin standing on the outside of the tackle box ready to roll.  What then Bulldogs???????

Owensboro did lose to OCath (OVER 2 MONTHS AGO).  But IMO OCath is better than any team on Fairdale's schedule but Beechwood and that includes South Oldham.

I stick by my prediction:  Running Clock Red Devils.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Owensboro may very well win and I really don’t have a preference for either team. I just know every year there is upsets in the playoffs and I just wouldn’t be surprised if it was close or Fairdale even pulled off the upset. That being said if Owensboro hangs a running clock on them I will get on here and say hey I was wrong but we all know every year in all sports teams win games that surprise us and I just think this could be one of those games.

• Like 2

It is difficult to get a read on this game. What Fairdale has accomplished on defense since the Beechwood game is impressive, even against a suspect schedule. I would argue Fairdale has seen athletes like Carbon and Hines and Goodwin when they played Beechwood. But then look at the score when they played Beechwood. On the other hand, that was game one and every team still playing has grown a lot since game one. It is tough to know how good Fairdale is with that schedule. My feel for this game is Owensboro wins and it is bit tougher than many on here expect. Owensboro pulls away as the game goes on and wins by 3 TD's. 

• Like 2