Fairdale at Owensboro Predictions/Updates

DevilMayCare

Red Devils vs. Bulldogs  

44 members have voted

1. 1. The winner will be...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/19/2022 at 12:00 AM

45 minutes ago, Purple88 said:

Is there any film on Fairdale available?  I looked at the normal places I typically do and couldn't find anything.

There is footage available on their team's personal hudl account. Granted, it is just highlights so you don't get the full picture, but it is at least something to go on.

Those can be found here:

https://www.hudl.com/team/v2/13886/Boys-Varsity-Football/highlights

• Thanks 1

On 11/14/2022 at 4:05 PM, Purple88 said:

This is a really fun thread.  @Tkinslow has made it fun by giving the Bulldogs a chance.  Appreciate that.  The reason I'm a little salty towards Fairdale is that in 2020 Fairdale had a lot of talk; zero schedule then when they were scheduled to go to Rash Stadium they got Covid.  I don't know, I'm calling that convenient timing.  Maybe they did and maybe they didn't.  Doesn't matter.  But that non-game hurt Owensboro's rhythm that year when they lost in the Championship Game to BG.  Now I'm a BG guy, but that little closing up shop has stuck with me.

What matters is Fairdale hasn't seen a pair of athletes like Goodwin on D and Carbon on O this entire year - Beechwood included.  If Hines plays on the DLine, there will be zero push for Fairdale and all kinds of guys in the backfield.  When Owensboro doubles Fairdale's fine WR Jayshawn Shannon and they stack the box with Goodwin standing on the outside of the tackle box ready to roll.  What then Bulldogs???????

Owensboro did lose to OCath (OVER 2 MONTHS AGO).  But IMO OCath is better than any team on Fairdale's schedule but Beechwood and that includes South Oldham.

I stick by my prediction:  Running Clock Red Devils.

Wow!  You really think telling an 8-0 team that practiced up until Thursday and had presold over 100 tickets (ticket sales were limited due to Covid) to the game was convenient.  That was heartbreaking. That's an absolutely ridiculous comment.   That team was Fairdale's best chance to beat Owensboro. JCPS shut Fairdale down over one case.   Fairdale continues to upgrade its schedule but can't control the quality of their district games.  Whether or not we compete well or not we will be there ready to play.  It was just preseason scrimmage but we handled CAL pretty easily.  Hopefully we will compete well.  Your comment was un called for!

Edited by dawgs83
errors in grammar
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, dawgs83 said:

Wow!  You really think telling an 8-0 team that practiced up until Thursday and had presold over 100 tickets (ticket sales were limited due to Covid) to the game was convenient.  That was heartbreaking. That's an absolutely ridiculous comment.   That team was Fairdale's best chance to beat Owensboro. JCPS shut Fairdale down over one case.   Fairdale continues to upgrade its schedule but can't control the quality of their district games.  Whether or not we compete well or not we will be there ready to play.  It was just preseason scrimmage but we handled CAL pretty easily.  Hopefully we will compete well.  Your comment was un called for!

You have to admit that was a pretty convenient time to catch COVID. Not 1 team that year that I can recall who where heavily favorited to win caught COVID just the heavy underdogs who expected blowouts. That’s a big coincidence.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, dawgs83 said:

I agree.  Totally juvenile and uncalled for comment. Bardstown played Fairdale last year and their administration was first-rate.  Remember in 2020, school systems canceled left and right in regular season, but left their teams to the mercy of administration in the playoffs because the season had been delayed.  CAL actually canceled on Fairdale that year.  Someone makes an accusation like that they better come with some proof other than "they were scared of us, pretty convenient."  Lame.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Devils Fan said:

You have to admit that was a pretty convenient time to catch COVID. Not 1 team that year that I can recall who where heavily favorited to win caught COVID just the heavy underdogs who expected blowouts. That’s a big coincidence.

Agreed - he never made a judgement either way on whether the reason was.  I think most teams would have fought it tooth and nail to come play.  The first text I saw after they cancelled was "undefeated season" or something like it.  Owensboro was heavily favored.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Devils Fan said:

Saying they finished undefeated is what kept those kids going.   They were crushed.  I can assure you Owensboro administration was notified early in the week that there could be a problem.  The athlete and his family started having symptoms within the 48 hr window of contact that JCPS followed set by the health department.  It was a terrible rule and JCPS screwed all athletic teams that year with this rule.  JCPS shut down all teams for two weeks during the season because of the high numbers.   Those kids did everything right and followed all the guidelines and did not deserve that decision.  By the way the Principal's son was the starting center on that team.  She was not happy with this decision.  Your comment is still uncalled for.

• Like 1

I like the direction of Fairdale's program under Dover. Scheduling Beechwood, beating a quality program like South Oldham, smoking the district... The Bulldogs are trending up. But it would require a colossal step forward to beat Owensboro at Rash.

Big game experience leans completely in favor of the Red Devils. Fairdale may get there in time, I just don't think it's this week.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, DevilMayCare said:

I like the direction of Fairdale's program under Dover. Scheduling Beechwood, beating a quality program like South Oldham, smoking the district... The Bulldogs are trending up. But it would require a colossal step forward to beat Owensboro at Rash.

Big game experience leans completely in favor of the Red Devils. Fairdale may get there in time, I just don't think it's this week.

Fairdale with several solid years in a row.  This year beat CAL 20-7 in preseason and scheduled Beechwood.  6-4 WR looks really good no doubt.  Will the QB have enough time to throw it?  Owensboro's speed on defense against Fairdale O-line I think is in O's favor - if Hines plays especially.  For O, Clark, Pendleton, Early, Hampton, Goodwin, Hines, Miller is a very good front 7 and they will tough to score on and will live in your backfield.  Fairdale has athletes across the board too and their coaches have done a good job these last few years.  A few TO's can always change the dynamic.  But I think Fairdale would need some defensive points and win the TO battle to come away with the win.  If I'm O, a heavy dose of Carbon, Hampton, Rogers and Winstead.  I would make sure each get several touches.  Rogers and Hampton are 2 guys that can house it anytime, in addition to Carbon and backup Winstead.  I like the 2 back set and bring Rogers in motion so 3 guys can get the ball - that is deadly.  I also think a Johnson Central wishbone would be tough to handle (Early, Hampton and Carbon, rotating Winstead out).   That would move the sticks pretty regularly with the O-line for O.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Brown said:

Fairdale with several solid years in a row.  This year beat CAL 20-7 in preseason and scheduled Beechwood.  6-4 WR looks really good no doubt.  Will the QB have enough time to throw it?  Owensboro's speed on defense against Fairdale O-line I think is in O's favor - if Hines plays especially.  For O, Clark, Pendleton, Early, Hampton, Goodwin, Hines, Miller is a very good front 7 and they will tough to score on and will live in your backfield.  Fairdale has athletes across the board too and their coaches have done a good job these last few years.  A few TO's can always change the dynamic.  But I think Fairdale would need some defensive points and win the TO battle to come away with the win.  If I'm O, a heavy dose of Carbon, Hampton, Rogers and Winstead.  I would make sure each get several touches.  Rogers and Hampton are 2 guys that can house it anytime, in addition to Carbon and backup Winstead.  I like the 2 back set and bring Rogers in motion so 3 guys can get the ball - that is deadly.  I also think a Johnson Central wishbone would be tough to handle (Early, Hampton and Carbon, rotating Winstead out).   That would move the sticks pretty regularly with the O-line for O.

Goodwin is a straight up menace. If he's not wrecking your game plan in the backfield, he's deflecting balls at the line of scrimmage. There may be others too, but Goodwin and Pendleton provide length and closing ability in that front seven that can wreak havoc.

8 minutes ago, DevilMayCare said:

Goodwin is a straight up menace. If he's not wrecking your game plan in the backfield, he's deflecting balls at the line of scrimmage. There may be others too, but Goodwin and Pendleton provide length and closing ability in that front seven that can wreak havoc.

Yep - Goodwin at 6-3 and Pendleton at 6-4 or 6-5.