Fairdale at Owensboro Predictions/Updates

DevilMayCare

Red Devils vs. Bulldogs  

44 members have voted

1. 1. The winner will be...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/19/2022 at 12:00 AM

70i2kp.thumb.jpg.622f75b85899c8d9f4dd114c551e6180.jpg

Devils Try To Walk The Bulldogs, While Fairdale Aims To Mark Its Territory At Rash

Records: Owensboro (10-2) | Fairdale (11-1)

BGP Ranking: Owensboro (#8 in 5A) 

Series History: Owensboro leads 2-0 (includes a covid forfeit) all-time

Table Setter: It's getting hot in the kitchen, but the Devils have withstood the heat of late. Owensboro has been pushed to its limit twice in the last three weeks after barely breaking a sweat in the five games prior. Only through trials and adversity can great character take shape. It may not feel like it in the moment, but these games are strengthening Owensboro's resolve. They're a more dangerous team for having been forced to dig deep.

The only thing Fairdale has been digging lately is a hole for their opposition to climb out of, and it starts on defense. Set aside the 433 points they've scored and focus more on the 72 they've allowed. More specifically, the 36 they've surrendered over the last eleven games. No team in the state has allowed fewer since Week 1. But let's be honest, the schedule has a little something to do with that. Nine of their eleven opponents during this run have a losing record.

There will be nowhere to hide this week as Fairdale takes the field at Rash Stadium, a venue whose reputation precedes it. The Red Devils have won almost 90% of their home games since 2014 and haven't dropped a playoff contest there in seven years. 

• Thanks 2

Owensboro D has been real stingy.  8 to Henderson, 13 to Greenwood.  Hines left the game in the 3rd - I hope that was cramps.  I don’t see Fairdale being able to do much scoring unless JV and backups are in.  Fairdale did beat South Oldham, but I expect BG to clock them.  

‘Owensboro 38-0

• Like 1

• theguru changed the title to Fairdale at Owensboro Predictions/Updates
7 hours ago, BWTigers said:

Fairdale’s run comes to an end in Owensboro. I think they can score some but Owensboro will wear them down and eventually put the game away. 

Owensboro gives up yards but not points. I don’t see Fairdales offense scoring many points if at all. Unless they have some stand out athletes that I’m un aware of.

8 hours ago, Tkinslow said:

I’m going with the Bulldogs in the upset.

Y’all can give me all the confused emoji’s you want and you may very well be correct but to assume Fairdale can’t win a game to a team that lost to Owensboro Catholic and didn’t dominate a Greenwood team that is good but not great is not thinking this through. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Brown said:

Owensboro D has been real stingy.  8 to Henderson, 13 to Greenwood.  Hines left the game in the 3rd - I hope that was cramps.  I don’t see Fairdale being able to do much scoring unless JV and backups are in.  Fairdale did beat South Oldham, but I expect BG to clock them.  

‘Owensboro 38-0

They gave up 21 to Greenwood.

39 minutes ago, Tkinslow said:

I’m sorry but don’t those points count. 

I’ll say it slower and repeat myself:

”Owensboro D has been real stingy.  They gave up 8 points to Henderson and 13 points to Greenwood…”

”The DEFENSE gave up a TD and 2FG’s”