Henderson County at Male Predictions/Updates

TheDeuce

Who wins?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/18/2022 at 10:00 PM

19 hours ago, Hungover_in_Andover said:

Everyone talks about the Hendo front line. Are they Jager Burton big? Or strong but big belly guys?

They’re big but not Jager Burton big, not across the board at least. They’re solid and physical but not as athletic as Douglass’s line. Except for Clements aka the Boogeyman he has to be the best Defensive lineman in the state and IMO one of the best defensive players overall. He can wreck shop.

On 11/12/2022 at 9:27 AM, Tigerpride94 said:

I don't think this will be close. If Swinney runs as hard as he did last night then Henderson County not stopping him. If Swinney didn't play in St. X game then Male may have not scored last night so he was the difference.

You sure about that, because there were some holes open in that game. 

8 hours ago, Devils Fan said:

They’re big but not Jager Burton big, not across the board at least. They’re solid and physical but not as athletic as Douglass’s line. Except for Clements aka the Boogeyman he has to be the best Defensive lineman in the state and IMO one of the best defensive players overall. He can wreck shop.

The Boogeyman? Lol I like that, I gotta check his HUDL out then. that's a serious nickname.  I am still getting used to the new breed of big linemen, and I had wondered if the BIG boy linemen are being phased out, at least at the high school level.

If nothing else, football was the opportunity for a chunky guy to get some shine, now the 6'3, 6'4 kids who were playing post in high school hoops are all getting converted into OLs and DEs. 

But back to this game, looks like Playoff Male has been activated and I don't know if Hendo has the cache to keep up. This is where the years and years of game planning for 3rd, 4th and title round games means a ton. Henderson is gonna be hard pressed to match wits with the Bulldogs.

• Like 1

Male's OL will get a stiff challenge by Henderson County's front 7, but Swinney is a difference maker.  If he can get rolling, which I think he will, it will open up a lot for Male's passing game, which they will need some.  I think Male's defense will handle Henderson County's offense well.  Male is playing with a great deal of confidence right now, so I think they win at home by 2-3 TDs.

• Like 1

I don't think this will be close. If Swinney runs as hard as he did last night then Henderson County not stopping him. If Swinney didn't play in St. X game then Male may have not scored last night so he was the difference.

Well Boone was really the only factor for St.X as well so I guess we are even. 

On 11/12/2022 at 8:07 AM, LongTimeReader said:

Swinney is the difference for this Male offense. If he gets going he opens up everything else for the offense. 

If he'd been healthy all season, he's right in the thick of the Mr. Football race. He might get there anyway if he continues to heat up. He carries a solid 220 pounds, and it's a compact build. You seldom see him go backwards and he sometimes goes through tacklers like they're not even there. 

Swinney vs. Clements is the confrontation we all want to see, but I doubt he goes through him like a hot knife through butter. They'll each get their shots in.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DevilMayCare said:

If he'd been healthy all season, he's right in the thick of the Mr. Football race. He might get there anyway if he continues to heat up. He carries a solid 220 pounds, and it's a compact build. You seldom see him go backwards and he sometimes goes through tacklers like they're not even there. 

Swinney vs. Clements is the confrontation we all want to see, but I doubt he goes through him like a hot knife through butter. They'll each get their shots in.

The match up I can’t wait to see. Henderson won’t shy away from any physicality male will bring but the overall team speed of Male will be too much for Henderson.