Male 22 Saint Xavier 21 (OT)

Tigerpride94

I thought each team did what they had planned on. Male needed Swinney to get going and he did. St. X needed to establish and lean on their run game, and they did. Clean game too, few penalties and no turnovers. I’d be interested to see the final 2 pt play just to see how close it was. On the live stream there wasn’t a great angle but looked pretty well defended. 

Dang, just a tough way to go out for such a great group of seniors. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, LongTimeReader said:

I thought each team did what they had planned on. Male needed Swinney to get going and he did. St. X needed to establish and lean on their run game, and they did. Clean game too, few penalties and no turnovers. I’d be interested to see the final 2 pt play just to see how close it was. On the live stream there wasn’t a great angle but looked pretty well defended. 

Dang, just a tough way to go out for such a great group of seniors. 

In college and NFL that play could have been reviewed but ref was right there and closer than me so probably was right call to be 2 pts.

Male is simply peaking at the right time of year.  They lost players to injury early in the year; got them back; have hung together even after a tough district loss (Bullitt East), and got a big rivalry win (Manual); already beat the Rocks at T this year and now avenged an earlier loss against the top rated team in 6A.

Bulldogs rollin!  Are they now the favorite?

• Like 2