Trinity at Simon Kenton Predictions/Updates

Who do you think will win this game?  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will win?

• Rocks
    • Pioneers

This poll is closed to new votes

3 minutes ago, theguru said:

The weather looks like it is going to cooperate.  Cloudy, low 50s, a little bit of wind, the rain should be over. 

That's good news. While I think the task is too tall for SK, I want them to have their best shot to win and that comes with throwing the ball. 

• Like 2

A very big thanks to @theguruand BluegrassPreps.com who are so excited about us broadcasting one of the biggest games in the state, they have signed on as a sponsor to help with the KHSAA broadcasting fee!!  We can't thank you enough!!  Thanks to my ad designer Ray Elfers!!  The best in the business!

859_SK_VS_LT.jpg

• Like 8

11 minutes ago, 859Radio said:

A very big thanks to @theguruand BluegrassPreps.com who are so excited about us broadcasting one of the biggest games in the state, they have signed on as a sponsor to help with the KHSAA broadcasting fee!!  We can't thank you enough!!  Thanks to my ad designer Ray Elfers!!  The best in the business!

859_SK_VS_LT.jpg

I am thankful for the opportunity, thanks @859Radio!

• Like 5

Mr. Football Spotlight Game

Crone has the premeir football program in the state, in the midst of a down cycle, and they're coming to his backyard. Pressure ×3. And that doesn't count the pressure he'll face from Trinity's formidable pass rush. He'll need to summon all of his powers to keep Mr. Football hopes alive. But if he pulls this off... 👀

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 859Radio said:

859_SK_VS_LT.jpg

Don't hesitate to reach out if you need information on Trinity. I will be working the radio for the Rocks and can provide some insight if needed. Good luck with your call!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

A few thoughts from my own research so far:

-This is the overall best SK team I have seen to date. I do not remember the '01 game but I was either on staff or broadcasting for the others. The 2008 team was pretty decent I remember but that Rocks team was the culmination of a 4-peat and was maybe the most cohesive group of kids I have been around. And Tim Phillips was the best RB we have had maybe ever.

-Aba Selm #61 is no joke and will be a highly coveted prospect. Kid is outstanding and commands double teams and added attention wherever he is on the field. Very good motor and technically sound with great feet. He will be a great watch against our Mitchell Toney and Nate Tronzo. He is the best Pioneer I have seen since Miles Simpson.  

-Very impressed with Josh Bowling #34 at MLB and FB. Great nose for the ball and really strong tackler. 

-The duo of Crone and Lawson are very effective, but they have not seen a defense like Trinity yet. I do not mean that disparagingly, but I want to see if they can be as effective when they fall behind the chains. To me, this front 7 for the Rocks is as good and deep as 2020 and can make for some very difficult circumstances for the opposing OC. 

-Special Teams could be a big issue. Trinity has probably the best Kicker and Punter in the state and while #37 Andrew Petty seems decent, there is not much to the punting game it appears. Schwartz can get off some absolute bombs and has multiple punts over 60 yards this year. McLaughlin can pull a few kicks, but I'd assume Coach Cobb wouldn't hesitate to let him kick from 55 and in. They also have a top flight snapper in Brady McEnaney who doubles as the best defensive player for Trinity. 

I am looking forward to this game and seeing the SK stadium. Good luck to all the fans and I hope we have a great game!  

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

10. No gambling, bookmaking or point spread comments are allowed in any of the high school forums. Figures of speech that use gambling terms may not be used in any of the high school forums (i.e. bet, over/under, spread, parlay, chips, line, odds). All gambling comments are permitted in the non-high school forums as long as they do not involve any high school sports, students, or student-athletes.