Boone Co 65 Scott 23

I was at the Scott/Boone Game last night. My daughter plays for Scott, and it was very ugly. As has been previously stated, Boone County is a very good team, and more importantly very well coached. Scott continues to struggle this year, and last night definitely did not help the situation.

I was at the Scott/Boone Game last night. My daughter plays for Scott, and it was very ugly. As has been previously stated, Boone County is a very good team, and more importantly very well coached. Scott continues to struggle this year, and last night definitely did not help the situation.

Scott did not look intouch w/each other. It was like they were all playing one on one. I think they had 36 T.O. which is pretty bad, they did not handle the ball at all. I thought the JV guards did as well as the V guards at handling the press. Boone was just too big and strong w/too much experience for Scott to handle. Scott has some nice looking younger players, the 8th grader(6'2") will be good if someone works w/her. Knowing her father I am sure that will be taken care of.

Scott did not look intouch w/each other. It was like they were all playing one on one. I think they had 36 T.O. which is pretty bad, they did not handle the ball at all. I thought the JV guards did as well as the V guards at handling the press. Boone was just too big and strong w/too much experience for Scott to handle. Scott has some nice looking younger players, the 8th grader(6'2") will be good if someone works w/her. Knowing her father I am sure that will be taken care of.
You are exactly right. Since my daughter plays for Scott, I am very familiar with the team and the players. There are definitely some issues going on behind the scenes. My daughter is to the point where she is afraid to shoot the ball any more, which is not a good thing. I agree that the JV looked much better than the Varsity. And, yes Lauren Tibbs, the 8th grader will definitely be a good player in the years to come. She had helped them this year all ready. I just hope that for Scott's girls basketball team, that she decides to play at Scott next year. As I am sure you know, 3 point shooter, her dad is the principal at another Kenton County School.

My daughter plays for Scott also and to watch this season unfold is really disappointing. I get a general feeling that the girls are afraid to do anything because they will be taken out of the game. They seem to have lost that enthusiasm for the game. The looks on their face when taken out of the game is "what did I do this time?" They play good one day and then seem to be lost for the next two. The offense is predictable and the shooting is terrible. They seldom run the offense and their big player is the one who inbounds the ball under the basket at the other end of the court, she is seldom in position when the guards throw up a three and miss( shooting 21%). After awhile of this, the girls get tired and don't get back on defense. They lack in fundamentals. The good news is the team is a young team and only has one senior. They could work on what is causeing the divide in the lockerroom and fundamentals for the rest of the year and then come out strong next year. Or, they can ignore it and have the same problem next year. If they problem is not corrected they could be missing a few players.

My daughter plays for Scott also and to watch this season unfold is really disappointing. I get a general feeling that the girls are afraid to do anything because they will be taken out of the game. They seem to have lost that enthusiasm for the game. The looks on their face when taken out of the game is "what did I do this time?" They play good one day and then seem to be lost for the next two. The offense is predictable and the shooting is terrible. They seldom run the offense and their big player is the one who inbounds the ball under the basket at the other end of the court, she is seldom in position when the guards throw up a three and miss( shooting 21%). After awhile of this, the girls get tired and don't get back on defense. They lack in fundamentals. The good news is the team is a young team and only has one senior. They could work on what is causeing the divide in the lockerroom and fundamentals for the rest of the year and then come out strong next year. Or, they can ignore it and have the same problem next year. If they problem is not corrected they could be missing a few players.

I agree in that there are some girls on the team lacking fundamentals. I have said that to my daughter, and have asked her in practice, if they work on fundamentals -she says no. You have to know how to make a lay up. There really is not much of an excuse in missing one, but I see it happening all of the time. I also agree that there maybe some girls that do not come back next year, but I believe it will be because of the issues off the court. IMO, if there is a girl out on the floor who consistently plays, but does not hustle the majority of the time, then how can it be fair to the girls and or girls who sit on the bench and constantly see this girl getting away with it for all of the wrong reasons. My daughter has tried to talk to the coach, but to no avail. IMO, it is a sad situation. I do not see a problem with the guards shooting threes if it is a good shot taken, but you can't depend on the threes. It has to be a team effort on and off the court, and that is not happening. I think it has and will continue to be a long season on and off the court for the Scott Lady Eagles.

Do the girls get along? If so, they should take it upon themselves and band together to try to change the rest of the season around. If they do not get along, then, you all are right, it will be a very long second half of the season.

good luck

Do the girls get along? If so, they should take it upon themselves and band together to try to change the rest of the season around. If they do not get along, then, you all are right, it will be a very long second half of the season.

good luck

I think for the most part the girls get along, and alot of the girls are friends off the court. The senior on the team provides great leadership, and IMO really tries hard on the court as well. Thanks for kind words. And, at this point, I definitely do not see it getting much worse.