Should we go ahead and mail the 1A Trophy to Pikeville?

Bac2369

Mail it to them  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Mail it to them

• Yes
    • No
    • Not enough information yet

Dont Mail it I remember 2014 when all i heard was how good they where, and it didn't work out so well for them.  Lately I've been hearing how many years they would have won 2a.  Guess they have forgotten they got beat by the 2a runner up some of those years.  They are a fine program, and the favorite for sure, but there never is a sure guarantee.  Raceland definitly has the best chance of knocking them off.  Look forward to possibly seeing them match up in the finals.

1 hour ago, FirstTimeLongTime said:

Not knowing how the RPI really works, is it pretty certain Raceland and Pikeville will end up 1 and 2 or not have to meet until the finals? I know this may correct itself as the games are played out but Raceland is currently 7 and Pikeville is 9. It would be a shame if these two met before the Finals. 

No, not certain at all. In fact, unlikely they end up 1 and 2. If Pikeville were to beat Madison Central, that would be a huge boost to their RPI. They would get extra points for beating a 6A team.

• Thanks 1

I'm not usually one to put the cart before the horse, but I think it's safe to at least box it up and add a mailing address. Just put it next to the door.

At the risk of being a prisoner of the moment, Pikeville looks unbeatable right now in their weight class and could comfortably "punch up" about three more classes. But there's a recent history of the Panthers being stunned in the playoffs by teams they blew out earlier that year. @killbilly usmc referenced the 2014 team that had Paintsville flip a 54 point loss into a 24 point win. Hazard also broke some hearts in 2020. Russellville took them to the wire last year with an experienced team that featured a lot of 5th year seniors. Raceland fits that bill this year.

I'll hold off on mailing it, but it's packaged and ready to go. 

• Like 4