Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

BluegrassPreps.com Class 3A Football Rankings (9/5)

Featured Replies

Class 3A

1. Paducah Tilghman -- OPEN

2. Christian Academy-Louisville at 2A #2 Lexington Christian Academy 

3. Glasgow vs. 4A Allen County-Scottsville

4. Bardstown vs. #7 Elizabethtown

5. Union County at 2A #8 Murray

6. Belfry vs. 4A #5 Central

7. Elizabethtown at #4 Bardstown

8. Bell County at 4A Lincoln County

9. East Carter at 2A West Carter

10. Mason County -- OPEN

Hard for me to swallow Belfry falling after a loss to a real good team but not PT. Belfry is the gold standard in the East and will be there in the end. This is a PT, CAL, Belfry, Glasgow conference until someone within the conference proves otherwise. Bardstown, Elizabethtown, Union, and others are all nice discussion points only.

1 hour ago, Hearsay said:

Hard for me to swallow Belfry falling after a loss to a real good team but not PT. Belfry is the gold standard in the East and will be there in the end. This is a PT, CAL, Belfry, Glasgow conference until someone within the conference proves otherwise. Bardstown, Elizabethtown, Union, and others are all nice discussion points only.

I think Belfry’s two blowout losses to good teams hurt worse than Tilghman’s nail biter loss to a good team. I also suspect that with CAL set to play LCA this weekend, a strong performance by CAL would put the Centurions into the number one spot. They just haven’t played anything of note thus far. 

1 hour ago, Hearsay said:

Belfry is the gold standard in the East and will be there in the end.

They can be ranked sixth and still be the gold standard in the East, especially when no one else in the area is silver or maybe even bronze. I know Belfry will be knocking on the door in November but that doesn’t mean they’re there today. 

2 hours ago, gchs_uk9 said:

They can be ranked sixth and still be the gold standard in the East, especially when no one else in the area is silver or maybe even bronze. I know Belfry will be knocking on the door in November but that doesn’t mean they’re there today. 

What about a pewter alloy?

Belfry is young and they will improve each week. The tough part with those guys is if your defense can stop the run. A lot defenses out there can’t stop 4-5 yards per carry which will benefit Belfry in the end. Two things die in November, dogs who play in the road and teams who can’t run the ball. 

My choice would still be the prates. Starting a lot of freshman right now. 

Think one could make an argument for Trigg to be in the top 10. 3-0, beat a top 4th raked team n 2A, averaging 42 a game. QB is averaging around 280 a game, RB around 500 yards after 3 games and a WR who’s averaging 150 a game. Defense has 6 picks and girl kicker who’s I think is 20 for 20 on extras points. 

19 minutes ago, tackle trap said:

Think one could make an argument for Trigg to be in the top 10. 3-0, beat a top 4th raked team n 2A, averaging 42 a game. QB is averaging around 280 a game, RB around 500 yards after 3 games and a WR who’s averaging 150 a game. Defense has 6 picks and girl kicker who’s I think is 20 for 20 on extras points. 

Trigg is in our top 15.

10 hours ago, Hearsay said:

Hard for me to swallow Belfry falling after a loss to a real good team but not PT. Belfry is the gold standard in the East and will be there in the end. This is a PT, CAL, Belfry, Glasgow conference until someone within the conference proves otherwise. Bardstown, Elizabethtown, Union, and others are all nice discussion points only.

Name the 3a team that would be favored against Mayfield.  I dont think anyone in 3a would be the favorite against them.  Why should Tilghman drop after losing to them on the road by 2 pts.  Lets be honest 3a is not very strong.  Mayfield will be lucky if they get passed the semi finals, I think they get beat in the final four, and they would still be favored over anyone in 3a this year.

3 hours ago, theguru said:

Trigg is in our top 15.

Trigg probably is top 15, but i wouldn't have them in top 10 either.  My sleeper is Union County.  Paducah Tilghman better not overlook them.  I actually feel Union County is being majorly disrespected.  Everyone out west keeps talking Paducah Tilghman up, and they are good, but lets not forget they split games with Tilghman last year, losing the playoff game by 3 points, and return the majority of their squad as well.

50 minutes ago, killbilly usmc said:

Trigg probably is top 15, but i wouldn't have them in top 10 either.  My sleeper is Union County.  Paducah Tilghman better not overlook them.  I actually feel Union County is being majorly disrespected.  Everyone out west keeps talking Paducah Tilghman up, and they are good, but lets not forget they split games with Tilghman last year, losing the playoff game by 3 points, and return the majority of their squad as well.

I’m gonna second the Union County point. I really believe they are solid and should prove they deserve some attention in the coming weeks.

7 hours ago, killbilly usmc said:

Trigg probably is top 15, but i wouldn't have them in top 10 either.  My sleeper is Union County.  Paducah Tilghman better not overlook them.  I actually feel Union County is being majorly disrespected.  Everyone out west keeps talking Paducah Tilghman up, and they are good, but lets not forget they split games with Tilghman last year, losing the playoff game by 3 points, and return the majority of their squad as well.

I like Union County too, but they are ranked #5.  That's pretty good.

To get their cards on the table, they beat 2 teams that aren't very good (Madisonville and Hop County Central) and beat a good OCath (2A) team at home by 4.  

I think they are where they need to be for now.  

2 hours ago, Purple88 said:

I like Union County too, but they are ranked #5.  That's pretty good.

To get their cards on the table, they beat 2 teams that aren't very good (Madisonville and Hop County Central) and beat a good OCath (2A) team at home by 4.  

I think they are where they need to be for now.  

After watching PT twice now (McCracken, Mayfield), I think Union is more than capable of winning the district.  They are strong and athletic all over the field.  Them @ #5 is probably right.  They will get their chances to move up.  They play Murray on the road this week.  I foresee them being 7-0 when they play Tilghman at home.

I mean anyone in probably the top eight could beat any of the other seven on any given night. I think those top eight are pretty close and should be interesting in the playoffs. I’m probably going to get roasted for including Bell but I think they are pretty good.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.