LIT Bracket????

Not a bracket, but you can follow along with the schedule. It came from the Herald-Leader today.

Louisville Invitational Tournament

All games played at Louisville Gardens

Tuesday, January 9

3:30- Eastern vs. Central

5:00- St. Xavier vs. Jeffersontown

6:30- Doss vs. Caldwell County

8:00- DeSales vs. Warren Central

Wednesday, January 10

3:30- Trinity vs. Male

5:00- Fairdale vs. Elizabethtown

6:30- Pleasure Ridge Park vs. Ballard

8:00- Manual vs. Bryan Station

Friday, January 12

Winners of previous games

4:00- St. Xavier/Jeffersontown vs. Doss/Caldwell County

5:30- Fairdale/Elizabethtown vs. PRP/Ballard

7:00- Eastern/Central vs. Manual/Bryan Station

8:30- DeSales/Warren Central vs. Trinity/Male

Saturday, January 13

10:30am- Semifinal #1 (Friday 4pm winner vs. Friday 8:30pm winner)

Noon- Semifinal #2 (Friday 5:30pm winner vs. Friday 7pm winner)

7:30- Championship Game

Can you believe that Trinity drew Male again? Geez

I'm not a Jefferson Countian, but aren't the brackets determined by the Litkenhous Ratings? I might be wrong.

Also, it looks like the tournament setup is different this year. I seem to recall eight Louisville teams playing opening night, with the winners moving on to play four more Louisville teams. Those winners would then meet up with four state teams on Friday, with the semifinals and finals on Saturday. Is that right?

The format was changed last year.

The games aren't played in bracket order ... this is how the games are laid out on the bracket:

St. Xavier-Jeffersontown

Doss-Caldwell County

DeSales-Warren Central

Trinity-Male

Fairdale-Elizabethtown

Pleasure Ridge Park-Ballard

Eastern-Central

Manual-Bryan Station

The format was changed last year.

The games aren't played in bracket order ... this is how the games are laid out on the bracket:

St. Xavier-Jeffersontown

Doss-Caldwell County

DeSales-Warren Central

Trinity-Male

Fairdale-Elizabethtown

Pleasure Ridge Park-Ballard

Eastern-Central

Manual-Bryan Station

Thanks for the info. I changed my above post. You're a western Kentucky guy, westsider, can Caldwell County compete in this year's LIT?

Caldwell just lost a starter to an off-the-court injury ... supposedly cut his finger on a chainsaw and required 25 stitches. Matt Fraliex is one of the state's best guards, a Murray State signee who is averaging over 30 points a game. He's a 6-4 guard that can handle the ball and score.

Caldwell won't match up well with Doss athletically, but they can shoot the ball well from the perimeter. At this point, they are probably the #3 or #4 team in the 2nd Region, along with Madisonville and behind Henderson County and Christian County.

They might be able to beat Doss at an up-tempo game. I've seen Doss twice, and the Dragons seem to get out of control at times. If the Dragons slow the game down, give Anderson the ball and let him penetrate and score or get the ball to Brooks on the block, Caldwell will have a really tough time beating them.

Maybe I'm guilty of only seeing Doss on a bad night, but I watched their game at Lexington Catholic against Covington Catholic and it seemed like they didn't run enough plays to get the ball to Brooks. If I've got a 6-6 post player (maybe not, but he's a high school post player), I'm going to run a lot of plays his direction. It seems like Doss was freelancing too much; not a good sign when determining if a team can win a major in-season or post-season tournament.

I've seen Doss twice ... against CovCath at the 5/3 and Shelby County at the KOB. They didn't get the ball to Brooks often enough in either game. Sometimes I wondered if there were enough basketballs to go around with everybody trying to get off "their shots" ...

Ok I will lay it out here like I did in an earlier post. The coaches have Brooks around the free throw line trying something like a high-low offense and when he's not around there he is out around the wings of the 3pt line.

Doss actually has another kid in Tony Brown who is about 6-4" or 6-5" and has a nice turnaround hook shot either way. He is physical and they need to have him and Brooks down on the low post with Anderson handling the rock and making all the decisions. The have a nice bench to help them as well.

Doss will beat Caldwell Co. and then run into a buzz saw in J'Town who just beat them on 1/6 by 11pts.

The LIT is loaded with talented teams and my prediction is that Male and Ballard will have a rematch of the finals of the KOB.