West 14 East 0 (2022 NKY East/West All Star Game)

51 minutes ago, rjs4470 said:

We’ll, considering the high school playoffs don’t end until the first week in December AND all the winter sports are in full go, I just don’t see after the season as a viable option. You already have a bunch of kids sitting the game out…you’d have even more sitting out for winter sports right  after the season. Also, teams start sending their equipment out for reconditioning right after the season. Just too much stuff to get in the way. This is the right time to play the game. It allows most who want to participate to be able to do so.

I agree with this, but as to the bolded, what equipment do the players use in this game? Surely the school's don't allow a one week use of reconditioned equipment? 

2 hours ago, ChickenWyngz said:

I agree with this, but as to the bolded, what equipment do the players use in this game? Surely the school's don't allow a one week use of reconditioned equipment? 

2 hours ago, ChickenWyngz said:

What else are they going to use? Some players do have their own helmets but for the most part players are using their schools equipment. Football isn't like baseball where all players have their own glove, cleats and most have a bat. 

13 hours ago, rjs4470 said:

What else are they going to use? Some players do have their own helmets but for the most part players are using their schools equipment. Football isn't like baseball where all players have their own glove, cleats and most have a bat. 

The kids not having the equipment was why I wondered this. Do they send it back out to be reconditioned again after? How does that work?

if they don’t, when does equipment need to be reconditioned? Just curious.

On 6/11/2022 at 8:59 AM, rjs4470 said:

We’ll, considering the high school playoffs don’t end until the first week in December AND all the winter sports are in full go, I just don’t see after the season as a viable option. You already have a bunch of kids sitting the game out…you’d have even more sitting out for winter sports right  after the season. Also, teams start sending their equipment out for reconditioning right after the season. Just too much stuff to get in the way. This is the right time to play the game. It allows most who want to participate to be able to do so.

Seems to work for the Louisville area. They play the all star the week following the state game. 

• Colonels_Wear_Blue changed the title to West 14 East 0 (2022 NKY East/West All Star Game)