2022 Kentucky Derby

13 hours ago, The Professor said:

A friend called me last night and said he took a chance and put Strike Rich in his boxed trifecta. A $30 bet won him $7,400. 

A $1 boxed trifecta (so a $6 bet) paid $14,870.7.  So your friend's bet confuses me haha!

10 hours ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

A $1 boxed trifecta (so a $6 bet) paid $14,870.7.  So your friend's bet confuses me haha!

50-cent tri.  Five horses boxed.  $30 bet would have paid $7400.

13 hours ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

He may have been telling me his total bet amounts for the day and I didn’t understand. Maybe the $30 was how much he wagered when all were totaled. 
I have never been to the races and the terminology is a a little vague to me. 
But I know he was sure a happy camper with his $7400 win. 

1 hour ago, The Professor said:

He may have been telling me his total bet amounts for the day and I didn’t understand. Maybe the $30 was how much he wagered when all were totaled. 
I have never been to the races and the terminology is a a little vague to me. 
But I know he was sure a happy camper with his $7400 win. 

Hell yeah, I bet he was.  I hit a trifecta 10 years ago when I'll Have Another won from the #19 hole and I thought it was the best thing in the world lol

I had Rich Strike on a lot of my tickets, just didn’t use him in first. I am glad he won though about time the little guy wins I get tired of Baffert/ Pletcher types winning every year. I do hope Asmussen gets one some day it looked like Epicenter had it just got nipped at the wire. 

I think the Preakness will be interesting because I think the public will not make Rich Strike the favorite. If Epicenter goes I think he will be the favorite.

15 hours ago, AirYardGo said:

I had Rich Strike on a lot of my tickets, just didn’t use him in first. I am glad he won though about time the little guy wins I get tired of Baffert/ Pletcher types winning every year. I do hope Asmussen gets one some day it looked like Epicenter had it just got nipped at the wire. 

I think the Preakness will be interesting because I think the public will not make Rich Strike the favorite. If Epicenter goes I think he will be the favorite.

I don't know... He may not end up being the favorite, but I bet the public bets on him to get in on the story, so to speak. 

16 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Between all the TV coverage and social media, I think I've watched this like 40 times by this point.

Still awesome.

That set of moves from Rich Strike looked very NASCAR-like from above.

When they hit the stretch it looked like the crowd noise made Rich Strike run like a "scalded dog".😁  One of the best rides/races I have ever seen in the horse business.