Open Job: Holmes

1 hour ago, theguru said:

I was told Brad Carr stepped down a couple of days ago.

Anyone?

1 hour ago, I gotta go to work said:

Job is posted on the school website. 

Brad stepped down Monday, the girls basketball job is open as well. Thanks to Coach Carr, as far as I know he will stay on as assistant principle. Will miss him roaming the side lines, worked hard for the program. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/20/2022 at 3:43 PM, Irish88 said:

Holmes is a tough job these days with enrollment being down compared to the glory days. Talent pool just isn’t there as much anymore. Holmes most likely has seen its last regional championship. 

I’ll have to disagree with that statement. At some point there will be another transcendental talent good enough to provide a winning culture. There are enough other talented kids in the city to provide the support if they see that transcending talent committed to Holmes.  You get a player like Beetle and throw in a few other complimentary parts and you have the recipe.  Will it be easy, especially as the teenage culture of Covington continues to deteriorate? No! But I think it’s possible.   I guess in todays society it may be hard to keep a transcendental talent at Holmes when the opportunity presents its self to the catholic schools down the road. 

22 hours ago, bigblue96 said:

I’ll have to disagree with that statement. At some point there will be another transcendental talent good enough to provide a winning culture. There are enough other talented kids in the city to provide the support if they see that transcending talent committed to Holmes.  You get a player like Beetle and throw in a few other complimentary parts and you have the recipe.  Will it be easy, especially as the teenage culture of Covington continues to deteriorate? No! But I think it’s possible.   I guess in todays society it may be hard to keep a transcendental talent at Holmes when the opportunity presents its self to the catholic schools down the road. 

I made this same statement to a friend the other day.

On 4/22/2022 at 7:23 PM, bigblue96 said:

Holmes has not been relevant in what 9-10 years? Have you seen any sign of that changing in the near future? The talent pool at Holmes is at an all time low. I, for one, would love for Holmes to be contenders again because the 9th region is so much better when Holmes is good, but I just don’t see that happening now or the foreseeable future. 

I think a name that has to be floating around Covington right now is Sam Elsbernd. He's the current coach at Pendleton County, but a Bulldog Alum, and former assistant. His teams play hard, and with the right talent he could really take Holmes somewhere.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Pi said:

I think a name that has to be floating around Covington right now is Sam Elsbernd. He's the current coach at Pendleton County, but a Bulldog Alum, and former assistant. His teams play hard, and with the right talent he could really take Holmes somewhere.

I think that would make a lot of people in Pendleton County happy, actually surprised he's still there.