Several Days of Severe Weather Possible(4/11-13/2022)

nWo

We could see several days of possible severe weather to begin the workweek. For Monday isolated to scattered severe thunderstorms should occur during the day into Monday night from north-central Texas towards portions of western Kentucky. Large hail, damaging winds, and a few tornadoes appear possible. Most of the severe weather will be confined to the west of I-65

KY_swody2.thumb.png.bd8b1e57934235020eead3babf43b9c9.png

Tuesday a marginal risk for isolated strong to severe storms will encompass most of Kentucky. 

KY_swody3.thumb.png.67ac2a41a5212867bba3e1eff7c78b67.png

The threat will continue for western Kentucky again on Wednesday.

day5prob.gif.fd218bacbffb2511b90f384895c4ac0c.gif

I will post more information in later updates.

• Like 1

I'm going to concentrate on Wednesday which appears to be the day with the best chance of a more organized severe weather event. A line of strong to severe thunderstorms is expected to develop in advance of a cold front. These storms will make damaging winds, large hail, and isolated tornadoes possible. As of today, the highest risk is west of I-65. The Storm Prediction Center has most of Kentucky west of I-65 under a level 3 Enhanced Risk Area. A level 2 Slight Risk Area extends to just east of I-75. The rest of eastern Kentucky is under a level 1 Marginal Risk Area.  Check back later today for the latest information on this situation.

KY_swody3.thumb.png.ffb5610339e01cebba1d65ba139f0813.png

• Thanks 1