Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Poor Xavier, Poor Travis Steele

Featured Replies

I have never seen a team that so consistently can fail in the last few minutes of a game. Nor a team that has so consistently failed at the end of the season over the past 3 years. It is going to take some luck for them to make the tournament. A month ago, they may have been a four or five seed.

Travis Steele seems like a great guy but there are lot of questions about him as a coach. He has 1 win in the Big East tournament in 4 years as a coach and has lost in the first round of the Big East tournament 3 years in a row. He has never coached Xavier in the NCAA tournament. From 2001-2018, Xavier was in the NCAA tournament every year except one. Steele has never led Xavier into the post season. I think he needs to get into the NCAA tournament and get to the sweet 16 to save his job.

  • Replies 62
  • Views 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • I have probably watched between 25 and 28 Xavier games this year, I am not a fan at all and I think Steele needs to go.  

  • As an old timer I remember them winning the NIT 60+ years ago. I'd go out on my dirt court and imagine I was Hank Stein or Joe Viviano. Seems like yesterday. NIT was huge then. Many folks ranked it ab

  • You haven't watched much Louisville basketball, eh?

I have probably watched between 25 and 28 Xavier games this year, I am not a fan at all and I think Steele needs to go.  

  • Author
1 minute ago, theguru said:

I have probably watched between 25 and 28 Xavier games this year, I am not a fan at all and I think Steele needs to go.  

I am so sorry you had to go through that.

Just now, Voice of Reason said:

I am so sorry you had to go through that.

I really enjoyed having a "team" if you know what I mean but if I could describe it in one word I would go with frustrating. 

  • Author
1 hour ago, theguru said:

I really enjoyed having a "team" if you know what I mean but if I could describe it in one word I would go with frustrating. 

For sure. I only watched a few games. I like XU but not really a big fan. However, I was more interested in XU because of Adam Kunkel. Every game I watched, it was a meltdown at crunch time. 

2 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

For sure. I only watched a few games. I like XU but not really a big fan. However, I was more interested in XU because of Adam Kunkel. Every game I watched, it was a meltdown at crunch time. 

Adam had some highs and some lows this year.

He is X's 6th man and is clearly one of the leaders of the team. 

I think X played themselves into the NIT today.

Just now, The Raven said:

I think X played themselves into the NIT today.

I would love to see X in the NIT but I wonder if they will accept the bid. 

11 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

I have never seen a team that so consistently can fail in the last few minutes of a game. Nor a team that has so consistently failed at the end of the season over the past 3 years. It is going to take some luck for them to make the tournament. A month ago, they may have been a four or five seed.

Travis Steele seems like a great guy but there are lot of questions about him as a coach. He has 1 win in the Big East tournament in 4 years as a coach and has lost in the first round of the Big East tournament 3 years in a row. He has never coached Xavier in the NCAA tournament. From 2001-2018, Xavier was in the NCAA tournament every year except one. Steele has never led Xavier into the post season. I think he needs to get into the NCAA tournament and get to the sweet 16 to save his job.

He did not miss one of those 16 or so fts they clunked, didn't foul with a two point lead at 8 seconds, or miss several short shots. Players make plays. Seems like a people problem....but he'll take the hit and the heat.

9 hours ago, theguru said:

I would love to see X in the NIT but I wonder if they will accept the bid. 

As an old timer I remember them winning the NIT 60+ years ago. I'd go out on my dirt court and imagine I was Hank Stein or Joe Viviano. Seems like yesterday. NIT was huge then. Many folks ranked it above the NCAA. Never thought I was Dave Piontek.... great name....to tall and thin lol.

Earlier this year I thought X was a Sweet 16 caliber team.  I've never seen a team go this far downhill where injuries weren't a factor.  Steele seems like a good guy but they need to make a change.

 

13 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

I have never seen a team that so consistently can fail in the last few minutes of a game. Nor a team that has so consistently failed at the end of the season over the past 3 years.

You haven't watched much Louisville basketball, eh?

  • Author
2 hours ago, 9068 said:

He did not miss one of those 16 or so fts they clunked, didn't foul with a two point lead at 8 seconds, or miss several short shots. Players make plays. Seems like a people problem....but he'll take the hit and the heat.

It isn't one game. It isn't even one season. For three years ...

Yep. Players make plays but players being prepared/aware of situations always comes back on a coach. This is a "thing" and has been for a while at X. 

2 hours ago, 9068 said:

He did not miss one of those 16 or so fts they clunked, didn't foul with a two point lead at 8 seconds, or miss several short shots. Players make plays. Seems like a people problem....but he'll take the hit and the heat.

 

2 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

It isn't one game. It isn't even one season. For three years ...

 

If Steele ends up out the door, who do you like to replace him? 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.