Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Poor Xavier, Poor Travis Steele

Featured Replies

15 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

How many coaches are there who have led their team to an NCAA tournament game and would rather be at Xavier? Twenty? Thirty? There are a LOT of coaches out there that have a better resume than Travis Steele. I wish he had more success. I like him a lot more than Mack. But 4 years is a more than fair opportunity and he didn't get it done.

Wow. Pretty tough league. Tough academic standards. Is the money comparable to SEC, Big 10? I just wouldn't think so.

  • Replies 62
  • Views 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • I have probably watched between 25 and 28 Xavier games this year, I am not a fan at all and I think Steele needs to go.  

  • As an old timer I remember them winning the NIT 60+ years ago. I'd go out on my dirt court and imagine I was Hank Stein or Joe Viviano. Seems like yesterday. NIT was huge then. Many folks ranked it ab

  • You haven't watched much Louisville basketball, eh?

  • Author
1 hour ago, Jack of all Trades said:

How about John Brannen to Xavier?

I think Xavier can do better.

2 hours ago, theguru said:

I sure hope X goes to the NIT, they can win it!

X wins the NIT, not this year.

7 minutes ago, 4 Quarters said:

X wins the NIT, not this year.

Already counting a 2 seed out? 

5 minutes ago, theguru said:

Already counting a 2 seed out? 

Really doubt they would come in as a 2 seed, but yeah, I'm sticking with my statement.

2 hours ago, Jack of all Trades said:

How about John Brannen to Xavier?

John who, you are kidding?

18 minutes ago, 4 Quarters said:

Really doubt they would come in as a 2 seed, but yeah, I'm sticking with my statement.

From Cincinnati.com:

Xavier accepted a spot in the National Invitational Tournament and the Musketeers were assigned a No. 2 seed. 

Xavier will host Cleveland State in the first round on Tuesday at 9 p.m. at Cintas Center. The game will be televised on ESPNU. 

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/college/xavier/xaviersports/2022/03/13/xavier-accepts-nit-bid-host-cleveland-state-first-round/7028411001/

I am getting my popcorn with truffle butter out. ?

4 minutes ago, theguru said:

From Cincinnati.com:

Xavier accepted a spot in the National Invitational Tournament and the Musketeers were assigned a No. 2 seed. 

Xavier will host Cleveland State in the first round on Tuesday at 9 p.m. at Cintas Center. The game will be televised on ESPNU. 

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/college/xavier/xaviersports/2022/03/13/xavier-accepts-nit-bid-host-cleveland-state-first-round/7028411001/

I am getting my popcorn with truffle butter out. ?

Ok, I'm guessing you had some inside scoop on the 2 seed.  They'll win on Tuesday.  Enjoy your popcorn.

Xavier needs to call Rick Pitino an get him to be their coach. 
 

I doubt it happens, but that would be fun!

18 minutes ago, 4 Quarters said:

Ok, I'm guessing you had some inside scoop on the 2 seed.  They'll win on Tuesday.  Enjoy your popcorn.

It was delicious! 

12 minutes ago, futurecoach said:

Xavier needs to call Rick Pitino an get him to be their coach. 
 

I doubt it happens, but that would be fun!

I love this!

On 3/10/2022 at 1:36 PM, nkypete said:

Let me make this interesting for all of you calling for the firing of Travis Steele.  Mrs. Steele is the former Amanda McCaw.  The McCaw Family Charitable Fund has donated millions to Xavier for the basketball program and the renovation of the Cintas Center.  Mike McCaw, her father, is on the board of trustees for Xavier.  This is why you don't hire family for coaching jobs.

 

I got to know Travis a little during the two years I covered X for Rivals when Mack was still the head coach.

Travis was always great to me during interactions, so I have nothing bad to say about him. 

But, your statement above is spot on and a big reason why he is going to get a longer leash than most coaches would for having similar results over the past 3 years. 

Times have certainly changed. 69-50 and folks want to show you the door. Between fans expectations, transfer portal, NIL, and COVID extra eligibility college coaching is very different. Instant gratification is the key. Players are very different and social media gets even casual fans quite vocal. The Big East is a pretty strong basketball league.

  • Author
On 3/10/2022 at 1:36 PM, nkypete said:

Let me make this interesting for all of you calling for the firing of Travis Steele.  Mrs. Steele is the former Amanda McCaw.  The McCaw Family Charitable Fund has donated millions to Xavier for the basketball program and the renovation of the Cintas Center.  Mike McCaw, her father, is on the board of trustees for Xavier.  This is why you don't hire family for coaching jobs.

Well, that certainly adds a twist.

I would like to add, I don't care if Xavier keeps Steele or lets him go. I have a passing interest at best in XU. I do think it is an interesting story to keep an eye on. This factoid certainly adds another twist to the story.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.