9th Region Draw

51 minutes ago, Instride said:

Runner up?  I would hope the other seven teams are not shooting for runner up.

Right!! But then again I’m sure there were similar comments last year as well. I’m sure, internally, CCH isn’t taking any team for granted and blocking out all the noise, or as Saban calls it, rat poison, from the outside. All the talk of it would take an “All-Star” team to beat any team is kinda funny to me. Are they the favorite, absolutely, can anything happen, absolutely. It’s kinda why they play the game. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mr. Sixer said:

Right!! But then again I’m sure there were similar comments last year as well. I’m sure, internally, CCH isn’t taking any team for granted and blocking out all the noise, or as Saban calls it, rat poison, from the outside. All the talk of it would take an “All-Star” team to beat any team is kinda funny to me. Are they the favorite, absolutely, can anything happen, absolutely. It’s kinda why they play the game. 

The difference is last season St. Henry beat them during the regular season and Highlands had a great team who played them decently during the regular season.  This season the 9th Region teams that had the guts to play Cov Cath not only didn't win but their closest game was 20 points to Conner.  Can anything happen in the tournament?  Absolutely, but it would be an upset on par with UMBC over Virginia in the NCAA Tournament.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mr. Sixer said:

Spot on.

2 hours ago, HSBballfan1212 said:

The difference is last season St. Henry beat them during the regular season and Highlands had a great team who played them decently during the regular season.  This season the 9th Region teams that had the guts to play Cov Cath not only didn't win but their closest game was 20 points to Conner.  Can anything happen in the tournament?  Absolutely, but it would be an upset on par with UMBC over Virginia in the NCAA Tournament.

I don't think it was a "guts thing".  i just think they were attempting to call them out.  For me, i wont opine on that decision but am a little impressed for taking the stand.  My stand is to play them 10 times a year - but the teams I like have to.