War in Ukraine

PP1

5 hours ago, sportsfan41 said:

Any idea which allies were saying this stuff?

4 hours ago, theguru said:

Whoever they are, they are enemies of Earth. 

1 hour ago, Jumper_Dad said:

Internal Russian allies not other countries. Sorry for not being clearer.

I saw one story on this quoting the Chechen leader. Installed by Russia in 2007. A puppet getting his strings pulled.

• Thanks 1

https://share.newsbreak.com/1wqbk6af

Russian nuclear submarine armed with 'doomsday' weapon disappears from Arctic harbor: report

Fox News
ANDERS HAGSTROM
October 3, 2022, 1:24 PM

A top-of-the-line Russian nuclear-powered submarine has gone missing from its harbor in the Arctic along with its rumored "doomsday weapon," according to multiple reports.

NATO has reportedly warned members that Russia's Belgorod submarine no longer appeared to be operating out of its White Sea base, where it has been active since July. Officials warned that Russia may plan to test Belgorod's "Poseidon" weapons system, a drone equipped with a nuclear bomb that Russia has claimed is capable of creating a "radioactive tsunami," according to Italian media.

The drone can be deployed from the submarine at any time and detonated at a depth of 1 kilometer near a coastal city. Russian state media has claimed the device can create a 1,600-ft. wave that smashes into the coast and irradiates it.

1. That's a crazy ridiculous weapon. 

2. Will this thing actually be used or is it more sabre rattling?

3. Is this an escalation or another move by Russia or a desperate move?

4. What's the odds that we've had a few attack subs waiting for Russian subs leaving their bases?

12 minutes ago, Jumper_Dad said:

https://share.newsbreak.com/1wqbk6af

Russian nuclear submarine armed with 'doomsday' weapon disappears from Arctic harbor: report

Fox News
ANDERS HAGSTROM
October 3, 2022, 1:24 PM

A top-of-the-line Russian nuclear-powered submarine has gone missing from its harbor in the Arctic along with its rumored "doomsday weapon," according to multiple reports.

NATO has reportedly warned members that Russia's Belgorod submarine no longer appeared to be operating out of its White Sea base, where it has been active since July. Officials warned that Russia may plan to test Belgorod's "Poseidon" weapons system, a drone equipped with a nuclear bomb that Russia has claimed is capable of creating a "radioactive tsunami," according to Italian media.

The drone can be deployed from the submarine at any time and detonated at a depth of 1 kilometer near a coastal city. Russian state media has claimed the device can create a 1,600-ft. wave that smashes into the coast and irradiates it.

1. That's a crazy ridiculous weapon. 

2. Will this thing actually be used or is it more sabre rattling?

3. Is this an escalation or another move by Russia or a desperate move?

4. What's the odds that we've had a few attack subs waiting for Russian subs leaving their bases?

I hate to be the guy to call out Russia on their capabilities regarding this devise but it just seems a bit far fetched.  With that said, I do remember a movie, possibly of the made for tv variety in the late 90's in which this type of technology was used to create tsunami's, minus the nuclear aspect.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, sportsfan41 said:

I hate to be the guy to call out Russia on their capabilities regarding this devise but it just seems a bit far fetched.  With that said, I do remember a movie, possibly of the made for tv variety in the late 90's in which this type of technology was used to create tsunami's, minus the nuclear aspect.

I agree 100%, they have a tendency for over selling and under delivering on weapons systems and capabilities. 

We know they have nukes, so this is in the realm of possibility. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Jumper_Dad said:

I agree 100%, they have a tendency for over selling and under delivering on weapons systems and capabilities. 

We know they have nukes, so this is in the realm of possibility. 

This.

The bottom line is Russia has more nukes than anyone and they can destroy all of America at anytime and there isn't anything we can do about it.

3 hours ago, theguru said:

I was talking to one of my neighbors today, if it happens we both agreed we prefer a direct hit as our way to go.

Probably so, I was thinking about that tonight too.

Not sure that I'm close enough to a target to get taken out like that though.

On 10/3/2022 at 7:06 PM, sportsfan41 said:

I agree. They don’t have a weapon that will do that. Nukes? Sure… A 1600 foot wave? Scare tactics.