War in Ukraine

PP1

10 minutes ago, Jumper_Dad said:

Just giving you a hard time because they were on the list that you posted.

Believe me, I gave it some thought.  It's only the second quarter of the Bengals game and my second bourbon.  Come at me with that comment in three hours, and all I've got is "Yo momma".   Just to be clear, I know we are still in the Ukraine thread.😃

• Haha 2

Moscow announced today they have signed treaties to annex four areas of Ukraine back into Russia.  Any attack on those areas will be looked at like a direct attack on Russia.

Most of what was annexed is in their current occupied areas, however from what I read and heard a good portion of what they are now claiming is in Ukrainian control.

This move could either be Russia trying to save face by claiming these new areas and withdrawing all troops back to them and ceasing further offensive hostilities. Or their way off being even more aggressive, it is hard to read the true intentions of lunatics.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jumper_Dad said:

Moscow announced today they have signed treaties to annex four areas of Ukraine back into Russia.  Any attack on those areas will be looked at like a direct attack on Russia.

Most of what was annexed is in their current occupied areas, however from what I read and heard a good portion of what they are now claiming is in Ukrainian control.

This move could either be Russia trying to save face by claiming these new areas and withdrawing all troops back to them and ceasing further offensive hostilities. Or their way off being even more aggressive, it is hard to read the true intentions of lunatics.

So, in my mind they're upping the ante.  Do anything in those areas outside of acknowledging defeat, Russia will in turn act like Moscow was just bombed. 

3 hours ago, Jumper_Dad said:

Reading from an article that I can't link here, it seems as if though the pipelines were filled with pressurized gas, neither were actually in use. Russia was not receiving anything from them, as both were shut down and not in use.

Smoke screen.

5 hours ago, Jumper_Dad said:

Reading from an article that I can't link here, it seems as if though the pipelines were filled with pressurized gas, neither were actually in use. Russia was not receiving anything from them, as both were shut down and not in use.

Which means there would be absolutely no reason for Russia to sabotage the pipelines. 

41 minutes ago, theguru said:

Which means there would be absolutely no reason for Russia to sabotage the pipelines. 

I think it gives them a better reason, they weren't making money from it so they blow it up and blame Ukraine or US. That's not the only pipeline they can use to move product, they sacrifice it so they can blame others.

3 minutes ago, Jumper_Dad said:

I think it gives them a better reason, they weren't making money from it so they blow it up and blame Ukraine or US. That's not the only pipeline they can use to move product, they sacrifice it so they can blame others.

We can agree to disagree. 

• Like 1

Several allies of Moscow are calling for immediate action after Ukraine retook areas today that had just been illegally annexed in the last 48 hours by Russia. One call was for martial law in all annexed areas while others called for the use of a low yield nuclear weapon to show their resolve in holding these new areas.

15 hours ago, Jumper_Dad said:

Several allies of Moscow are calling for immediate action after Ukraine retook areas today that had just been illegally annexed in the last 48 hours by Russia. One call was for martial law in all annexed areas while others called for the use of a low yield nuclear weapon to show their resolve in holding these new areas.

Any idea which allies were saying this stuff?