USC 32 Michigan 18

gametime

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Weren't there folks on here telling me that USC had no business going into the championship game over UM despite USC's strong performance against a tougher schedule? You cannot discount tough schedules and "annoint their rear ends" as Denny Green said.

Losing 2 times is an even bigger rule than losing late.

You are correct. Everything fell into place for them to overcome the first loss. That second one was the killer. Final game. Rival. Single digit offensive output. National TV. It doesn't get much worse than that.

Based on what I saw the Trojans do against Michigan, Notre Dame, Arkansas, and Nebraska, I think many will question if Florida is truly a better team than USC.

Based on what the Trojans did against Oregon State and UCLA, they eliminated themselves from that discussion.

I think USC is capable of beating anyone on a given day (along with a few other teams) but their inconsistency killed them.

Based on what the Trojans did against Oregon State and UCLA, they eliminated themselves from that discussion.

I think USC is capable of beating anyone on a given day (along with a few other teams) but their inconsistency killed them.

Much like my favorite pro team.

Both return just about everyone.

So what? UK returns almost everyone, and yet, on the UK threads some posters (LSURock comes to mind) don't think that returning most of your players means that you will improve over this year...

I agree. The way college football is set up, you can't lose late and expect no ill effects. You also can't be inconsistent.

Safe bet. We'll see. Replacing Troy Smith is a LOT harder than filling in LBs...

I agree. It is always tough to replace the starting QB especially the type of player Smith was. QB is a tough position to just step into.

Michigan, Penn State have loads of talent returning. Florida is in the same situation in the SEC. UK also has some nice young talent that shows a lot of promise. College football looks good for next season.