USC 32 Michigan 18

gametime

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You are going to have to elaborate on that one.

:confused: I thought that it was widely known that Pete has the reputation for running it up?? Combine that with the Pete Carroll Realty Co and I don't see a lot of class. Plus, he just seems like a guy who talks out of both sides of his mouth IMO. For the record, I think Caroll is an excellent X's and O's coach, and always does a good job preparing his team.

Here is an interesting link as well.........

http://ncaafootball.aolsportsblog.com/2006/11/12/pete-carroll-dropping-f-bombs-at-bellotti-or-the-referees/

So you're saying they can't win whether favored or not?

Not at all. I'm saying that yes, it is a very bad thing when you don't win any of the last 2 games of the season in Ann Arbor. However, my point is that they HAVEN'T been favored against these teams. Secondly, these are very good football teams, make no mistake about it. Having played the last 4 national champs is something that very few programs can boast. That being said, UM needs to win some of these games, and IMO it has been very glaring that they have been outcoached in each of these ballgames(aside from Texas who had inVinceable Young).

I'm not sure what "good to see the true colors shining through this bowl season" means. Please explain.

Barringer was barking, talking, chest pounding like he was an All-American early on. Jawing is certainly a part of the game but so is a little taunting when the guy jawing is getting beat like a drumstick. Of course I've personally never met Barringer but from my point of view he was a bigger punk on the field. If a guy like that was in my hear and I kept beating him I sure would let him know about it. Maybe he was just trying to get good ole number 8 for the Trojans off his game but it sure didn't work.

I'll agree with you, that if your getting torched that it is probably time to shut up. However, I would think that you would understand that there is a HUGE difference between jawing that goes on between players and an act that intentionally shows someone up(i.e. pointing, laying the ball on a defender). IMO there is a place in the game for one of these, but not the other. Let your play do the talking............

:confused: I thought that it was widely known that Pete has the reputation for running it up?? Combine that with the Pete Carroll Realty Co and I don't see a lot of class. Plus, he just seems like a guy who talks out of both sides of his mouth IMO. For the record, I think Caroll is an excellent X's and O's coach, and always does a good job preparing his team.

Running it up? Come on. This is the Rose Bowl and Michigan was the higher ranked team and the favorite. I think part of Michigan's problem under Carr is that he doesn't run it up, he doesn't even try. I applaud Carroll for having the killer instinct that Carr's Michigan teams lack.

Now that's hilarious...........good to see the true colors shining through this bowl season. Any particular reason for that statement or just a general hate for the Maize and Blue? What is that based on? Facts? The late hit? The jawing that was going on? I have news for you, having been there before, jawing is now part of the game. Most guys(especially the skill guys) do it, and if that makes Willis Barringer a bad person then he certainly isn't alone. But I didn't see Mr. Barringer showing up anyone last night after he laid out a USC receiver early in the game. USC playes just like Pete Carroll, no class..........[/QUOTE]

He stood over C.J. Gable taunting him after hitting him in the first quarter, and did the little finger waive at Fred Davis after Davis dropped one in the second going over the middle.

You have no basis for the Pete Carroll statement. None. Its fatuous drivel. In fact, you're the only one I've ever heard say that.