gametime

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

True, but we are talking about replacing 1 vs/ 3

And? We're talking about the guy that has OSU in the title game. Take a look at Texas. It's going to be huge shoes to fill, and much tougher than replacing 5 star LBs with more 5 star LBs...

Wow. Most of the people I talked to before this game thought Michigan would win handily. I expected this would be the best of the BSC bowl games. Both expectations were wrong. Pete Carroll is a heck of a coach--notice how you didn't see him letting off the gas when they were ahead 25-11. No siree. The Trojans kept throwing deep and moved the ball right down the field with efficiency. Lloyd Carr would be perfectly content to sit on a lead like that and try to run (literally) the clock out. It will be interesting to see what the Michigan athletic leadership does (if anything). I attended Michigan grad school from 1999-2002 and had student tickets for three seasons. I have never been that impressed with Carr. He is able to recruit the best players from every corner of our great nation and yet the U of M program falls short of its potential year after year after year. One year, they had Tom Brady, Anthony Thomas, David Terrell, and Marquise Walker and they still ended up losing to Michigan State, unranked Illinois, and came within 3 points of losing to Indiana! Carr's job has been insulated from the program's mediocrity (by Michigan standards) since the Wolverines won their split title in 1997, but the more I see, the more I doubt he would have won a title in the era of the BCS.

Will Carr be shown the door? I hope so, but I'm not sure if it will happen.

So where are all the UM fans that would've been here spouting off after a win?

Michigan flat out didn't deserve to be in the title game and I thank them for proving it to everyone once and for all.

Based on what I saw the Trojans do against Michigan, Notre Dame, Arkansas, and Nebraska, I think many will question if Florida is truly a better team than USC.

All your complaining won't put UL in the ship.. sorry

Barking up the wrong tree. I don't much care for the Big Ten and their brand of football so I love it when anyone beats them. Whats up with "the ship"? Is that some kind of code?

Based on what I saw the Trojans do against Michigan, Notre Dame, Arkansas, and Nebraska, I think many will question if Florida is truly a better team than USC.

They broke the oldest rule in college football. One that is above the BCS. Never, never, never lose late. If ya gotta lose, lose early.:thumb: