Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Darrent Williams Killed

Featured Replies

Here's a pic of Javon Walker arriving at Denver HQ the next morning:

walker.jpg

  • Replies 44
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hopefully some Bengal players take note of this and learn from it.

 

Not only Bengals player, The entire NFL.

Walker coming in with blood on his shirt may be the most unique part about this all.

Walker coming in with blood on his shirt may be the most unique part about this all.

 

I can only imagine what he's gone through since that moment in the limo...

Such a sad situation. Prayers are with everyone involved.

Very sad situation indeed...

What's there to learn from. Sounds like he did everything fine. Just a horrible event. I hope they catch who did it.

What's there to learn from?

 

Plenty.

 

Don't put yourself in bad situations. That would include going out to bars after games. Shouldn't guys be resting their bodies? Athletes are going to have to learn that whenever they go out they are targets. Targets for people that want to take advantage of them (ie. Clarrett).

 

He may have did everything right, but he still put himself on the stage that night. If he wasn't there, would any of this happened? I don't know, none of us do. It was just a bad situation. I guess what I'm trying to say is that athletes need to shelter themselves a little better. Maintain low profiles and avoid people who are going to try and take advantage of your money or your fame.

What's there to learn from?

 

Plenty.

 

Don't put yourself in bad situations. That would include going out to bars after games. Shouldn't guys be resting their bodies? Athletes are going to have to learn that whenever they go out they are targets. Targets for people that want to take advantage of them (ie. Clarrett).

 

He may have did everything right, but he still put himself on the stage that night. If he wasn't there, would any of this happened? I don't know, none of us do. It was just a bad situation. I guess what I'm trying to say is that athletes need to shelter themselves a little better. Maintain low profiles and avoid people who are going to try and take advantage of your money or your fame.

:confused:

 

Maybe I am taking it wrong but I think this seems like a very insensitive post... the man was celebrating on New Year's Eve and that was putting himself in a bad situation? Because he is a football player on New Years Eve is he supposed to stay home twidling his thumbs? How was he to know that anyone was trying to take advantage of his money and fame?

:confused:

 

Maybe I am taking it wrong but I think this seems like a very insensitive post... the man was celebrating on New Year's Eve and that was putting himself in a bad situation? Because he is a football player on New Years Eve is he supposed to stay home twidling his thumbs? How was he to know that anyone was trying to take advantage of his money and fame?

 

I understand your feelings, but athlete's are far more a target than regular citizens, he's not saying stay home and do nothing. However do choose wisely where you go, maybe even roll with some body guards. The one thing I will commend those that were with him for doing is not drinking and driving. It's unfortunate that someone's status as a talent can put a target on their back or get them confused with others, however that's the world we live in.

It's not like he was the ONLY athlete there... Said they were there celebrating New Years and Kenyon Martin's birthday.

:confused:

 

Maybe I am taking it wrong but I think this seems like a very insensitive post... the man was celebrating on New Year's Eve and that was putting himself in a bad situation? Because he is a football player on New Years Eve is he supposed to stay home twidling his thumbs? How was he to know that anyone was trying to take advantage of his money and fame?

I was simply stating that I thought some Bengals players (and NFL) need to learn from this. They need to use this situation to help them make wise decisions.

 

If he maintains a lower profile who's to say that nothing happens that night. Big limo attracts a lot of attention. But who am I?

 

What I do know is that I feel for the young man and his family. He had a bright future that was cut short by this horrible event.

What's there to learn from?

 

Plenty.

 

Don't put yourself in bad situations. That would include going out to bars after games. Shouldn't guys be resting their bodies? Athletes are going to have to learn that whenever they go out they are targets. Targets for people that want to take advantage of them (ie. Clarrett).

 

He may have did everything right, but he still put himself on the stage that night. If he wasn't there, would any of this happened? I don't know, none of us do. It was just a bad situation. I guess what I'm trying to say is that athletes need to shelter themselves a little better. Maintain low profiles and avoid people who are going to try and take advantage of your money or your fame.

 

What? So b/c a guy is famous, he has to be secluded from society? There were numerous professional athletes there. Athletes go out all of the time without incident. This has nothing to do with being taken advantage of, and noone knows if he was a target. To say that he did anything wrong with the facts we have been given is showing a bias towards pro athletes.

Not only Bengals player, The entire NFL.

How about the youth of today that idolizes these yahoos. We spent a good portion of the morning discussing this incident in my classroom and what life lessons they could take from it.

What? So b/c a guy is famous, he has to be secluded from society? There were numerous professional athletes there. Athletes go out all of the time without incident. This has nothing to do with being taken advantage of, and noone knows if he was a target. To say that he did anything wrong with the facts we have been given is showing a bias towards pro athletes.

I never said he did anything wrong. Just saying that maybe pro athletes should learn to put themselves in better situations. Never once did I say HE did anything wrong.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2726943

Broncos players offer $100K reward in Williams case

 

DENVER -- The Broncos said members of the NFL organization are offering a $100,000 reward through Denver Crime Stoppers for information that leads to the arrest and filing of charges against a suspect or suspects in the shooting death of cornerback Darrent Williams.

 

The team's reward is in addition to the standard $2,000 reward offered by Denver Crime Stoppers.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.