Open Job: Manual

Tigerpride94

They'll need to make a hire that advances their offensive identity. Manual has been too one dimensional under Carmony, although he's done a great job. They are the fourth best program in Louisville right now. The kids and athletes are in the school. This job will generate plenty of interest. Can Manual make the correct hire to change Jefferson County from a Big Three to a Big Four?

Interesting that the article states that Carmony re-established them after a couple of tough years. Those couple of tough years included a 9 win season and an 8 win season with a some close games against the "powers of 6A football."  What is the AD alluding to in regards to the previous years under Dr. Lucas?

I did not see those years as any more of under achieving than the previous 6 under Carmony. Especially when you look at the fact that Lucas coached teams played in the Super District.

Carmony 38-25

Lucas 45-26

• Like 2

Manual has biggest advantage of JCPS since can take any kid they want. Generally to get in have to have very good grades which hurts them some since won't take athletes with bad grades. It's good job but tough since are in district with St. X and also play Male every year in oldest rivalry. 

• Like 1

Manual has biggest advantage of JCPS since can take any kid they want. 

It is a hard school to get in, since it is the #1 public in KY. Not everyone can get accepted. Male has advantage with 3 feeder MS programs. Both schools have talented kids that go D1. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Cats25 said:

Manual has biggest advantage of JCPS since can take any kid they want. 

It is a hard school to get in, since it is the #1 public in KY. Not everyone can get accepted. Male has advantage with 3 feeder MS programs. Both schools have talented kids that go D1. 

Manual can also take kids from Male's feeder schools. They control who gets in which is anybody they want that applies.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tigerpride94 said:

Manual can also take kids from Male's feeder schools. They control who gets in which is anybody they want that applies.

Ding ding ding….we have a winner!

If a Coach wants a kid and the kid wants to go to DuPont, the kid will be at DuPont.

It really is that simple.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Falcon Pride said:

Ding ding ding….we have a winner!

If a Coach wants a kid and the kid wants to go to DuPont, the kid will be at DuPont.

It really is that simple.

Manual can take who they want.  They are more selective, but they can take any kid in JCPS.  I know the current sophomore class for football had quite a few kids from Westport Middle and the current sophomore basketball class had quite a few from Meyzeek.  Both schools had good teams for those classes in those respective sports.  Their primary MS is Noe however.  In all honesty, Male can take whoever they want as well.  It's a bit different, but they can get just about whoever they want.  If you didn't go to one of the 3 traditional MS schools (JCTMS, Barret or Johnson) and you want to go to Male, you have to enter a lottery.  It's supposedly a blind draw and you're not guaranteed a spot, but.....many kids like Kaleb Glenn came from non-traditional middle schools and were selected in the lottery, earning a spot at Male.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think they should consider Cliff Dawson (O-line coach at Male, formerly of Trinity). His lines seems to play very physical and I think he is on staff at Westport Middle School. Another name to consider is Coach Stoner who is already on the staff at Manual. He has an 8th grade son who will be great in a couple years.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tigers88 said:

I think they should consider Cliff Dawson (O-line coach at Male, formerly of Trinity). His lines seems to play very physical and I think he is on staff at Westport Middle School. Another name to consider is Coach Stoner who is already on the staff at Manual. He has an 8th grade son who will be great in a couple years.

Donnie Stoner is a name I've heard mentioned by a couple of folks.

14 hours ago, Unrivaled97 said:

Manual can take who they want.  They are more selective, but they can take any kid in JCPS.  I know the current sophomore class for football had quite a few kids from Westport Middle and the current sophomore basketball class had quite a few from Meyzeek.  Both schools had good teams for those classes in those respective sports.  Their primary MS is Noe however.  In all honesty, Male can take whoever they want as well.  It's a bit different, but they can get just about whoever they want.  If you didn't go to one of the 3 traditional MS schools (JCTMS, Barret or Johnson) and you want to go to Male, you have to enter a lottery.  It's supposedly a blind draw and you're not guaranteed a spot, but.....many kids like Kaleb Glenn came from non-traditional middle schools and were selected in the lottery, earning a spot at Male.

I seen this posted before about Male. Who are the kids that played football for Male that were not in one of the 3 traditional middle schools over the last 10 years?

52 minutes ago, Just Truth said:

I seen this posted before about Male. Who are the kids that played football for Male that were not in one of the 3 traditional middle schools over the last 10 years?

I couldn’t tell you any, other than maybe William Spencer (but I don’t know that for sure either), but that wasn’t my point.  My point was you could attend Male & not be part of the traditional MS program… you just have to be selected in the lottery.