Open Job: Johnson Central

Predictable opening as Trimble basically was doing the right thing to close out the season and had previous HC experience at Johnson Central.

This is a very alluring job for someone willing to take it on.

Johnson Central has a ton of underclassman talent, but they also have a rock star feeder system already in place as well as very respected assistant coaches who do a great job. Tons of community support, very good facilities, and a winning culture.

The question is, will they hire internally and try to carry on the current machine or will they go external and take a risk?

One thing is for sure, it is some mighty big boots to step into.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, DearToday said:

Gotta be thinking Jesse Peck or Justin Arms. 

11 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Principal and head football coach?

Arms was the first name that came to mind for me, but that's a lot for one man's plate. I think he's more than earned his shot, though.

1 hour ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Principal and head football coach?

Johnson Central’s baseball coach is also the principal at the Johnson County Middle School. The head softball coach is also the DPP of the Johnson County School district. In this district it is common to do both.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The first question I have is does the new coach install a new offensive style (more modern) or is this style rooted in this school and that’s what the administration wants? If they completely change their offensive style it could set them back for a few years installing to be competitive.

13 hours ago, BWTigers said:

The first question I have is does the new coach install a new offensive style (more modern) or is this style rooted in this school and that’s what the administration wants? If they completely change their offensive style it could set them back for a few years installing to be competitive.

If it ain’t broke don’t fix it. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...