College Football Playoffs - Who figures to make it?

theguru

B12 Champ in great shape if they just have 1 loss.

ND is probably just one team away from getting in as of this moment, they have a real shot to make it in. Michigan wins and in, if they lose it opens the door for ND.

UC is a lock with a win.

UGA should be in win or lose next week.

If Bama loses today and barely were to win next week, they still wouldn't deserve to get in. If they lose today then blew UGA out next week, it would be interesting.  

I don't think any 2 loss team will, or should make it.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Jumper_Dad said:

B12 Champ in great shape if they just have 1 loss.

ND is probably just one team away from getting in as of this moment, they have a real shot to make it in. Michigan wins and in, if they lose it opens the door for ND.

UC is a lock with a win.

UGA should be in win or lose next week.

If Bama loses today and barely were to win next week, they still wouldn't deserve to get in. If they lose today then blew UGA out next week, it would be interesting.  

I don't think any 2 loss team will, or should make it.

I disagree on the B12 if it’s Oklahoma that wins it. I think Notre Dame gets in over Oklahoma. If Oklahoma State wins the Big 12 then I think Oklahoma State is in over Notre Dame. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, futurecoach said:

I disagree on the B12 if it’s Oklahoma that wins it. I think Notre Dame gets in over Oklahoma. If Oklahoma State wins the Big 12 then I think Oklahoma State is in over Notre Dame. 

In a vacuum I'd agree based on how things look right now today. But if OU beats OK State today and Baylor next week, they would be in front of ND.

Georgia is in.

As long as Cincinnati beats Houston, they are in.

Michigan is in if they win the Big 10 title.

IF Oklahoma State beats Oklahoma handily and wins the BigXII championship, I think they leap Notre Dame and make it.

This is assuming Alabama loses tonight or Next week in the SEC.

2 minutes ago, StraightShooter said:

If favorites win next week in games we are sure of so far, GA, UC and Michigan are locks. 

I believe team 4 would then be a 1-loss OK or Okie State (assuming they beat Baylor).  If Baylor wins B12, I think Notre Dame joins the party in the 4 slot.

Assuming the get past Stanford tonight.

40 minutes ago, Jumper_Dad said:

In a vacuum I'd agree based on how things look right now today. But if OU beats OK State today and Baylor next week, they would be in front of ND.

Oklahoma State beat Baylor head to head so they are in the B12 championship regardless of the outcome against Oklahoma.

B12 best chance at getting in the playoff is Oklahoma State with 1 loss and wins over Oklahoma/Baylor in back to back weeks.

I don't think Oklahoma beating Oklahoma State back to back weeks would get them in unless teams ahead of them lose. (UC, Michigan)

I do think Bama should be out if they lose to Georgia. They just haven't been that impressive the past month. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jumper_Dad said:

They are out, period.

2 minutes ago, Walter said:

I do think Bama should be out if they lose to Georgia. They just haven't been that impressive the past month. 

Supposed Georgia kicks a field goal as time runs out to win the game, do you both still think Bama should be out then?

6 minutes ago, theguru said:

Supposed Georgia kicks a field goal as time runs out to win the game, do you both still think Bama should be out then?

If OSU is out with 2 losses, Bama should be out too. Similar losses and resumes, IMO.

I think the rankings this Tuesday look like this:

1. Georgia

2. Michigan

3. Bama

4. Cincinnati

5. Ohio State

6. Notre Dame

(Could see ND ahead of OSU)

• Thanks 1